Lit & The Arts Fabric of the Cosmos

Discussion in 'Literature & The Arts' started by JcMinJapan, Sep 21, 2004.

1. JcMinJapan

JcMinJapan Premium Member

This is my all time bestest book ever. ha ha

But, seriously, I do love this book alot. It easily explains about space and Time. It even uses the Simpsons as an example. I have read it about 4 times alread. If you like fiction, you may like this as well. Sometimes the real world can be a strange place.

2. amantine

amantine Premium Member

To be honest, I haven't read this book. I didn't really like 'the Elegant Universe' series on television and this book was also quite expensive. Add a somewhat negative review by CSICOP, and I didn't really feel like it, considering the books I still have on my 'to read'-list.

I was wondering, is there any math in the book? If so, I might read it anyway. I don't really like metaphor-filled science books, when the math can give a clearer picture of what's going on.

3. junior_smith

junior_smith Premium Member

anopther good one is 'a short history of nearly everything, by bill bryson' it is good science in leyman's terms which appeals to me but it can be dull in parts.

4. JcMinJapan

JcMinJapan Premium Member

Amantine... not too much math. But, the explanations are very good for understanding. I love the math filled ones also, but sometimes you spend alot of the time with the math and less contemplation. This book helps in that manner. It is a simple read, but gets the mind working.