ID Lounge Evolution is highly unlikely

Discussion in 'ID Members Lounge' started by Olympus_Mons, Mar 7, 2005.

1. Olympus_Mons

Olympus_Mons New Member

The chances evolution actually happening are slim to none. Darwin himself decided that it would not work and became a Christian. The only thing that keeps the theory afloat at all is a ridiculusly slim chance that the Theorists have come up with. This number is constantly on the rise. The number several years ago was something like one followed by 40,000 zeroes to one

2. Ape

Ape Premium Member

I heard that we don't really evole but adapt to the enviorment were in. But if theres going to be a change in humans a sutible one would have to be a pigs nose. (Polution, greediness, only thinking about now, not the long run)

3. poonchang

poonchang New Member

Evolution makes more sense to me than any other theory out there. Darwin was a racist, but I was unaware that "it would not work and became a Christian.":lol: Where did you come up with these odds?

4. Illuminated_1

Illuminated_1 New Member

I really think we're all a bunch of hybrid/humanoid/alien's. What movie was that, that said, the best trick the devil ever played on anyone was convincing the world he didn't exist. oh yeah, The Usual Suspects. Who knows what's really what. We could be a few freak renegaid cells that morphed and twisted into what we are today. I have no proof or evidence of anything. Do you ever feel like you live in "The Matrix"? One thing I can say for certain, when we do die, you or I, I can't wait to ask the big guy, if he's there, so Mr. God, Father, how did we really come about. I hoping that one day if there is a heaven and i get to go there, if there a way that GOD or the powers that be up there have some sort of method to import ALL knowledge into our brains. I wonder if they use something faster than a firewire port? :saint2:

[Edited on 3-8-2005 by Illuminated_1]

[Edited on 3-8-2005 by Illuminated_1]

5. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

To me until I see a link to these facts and figures (and possibly an autobiography of darwin) then there is no proof behind this thread.

6. sean2000

sean2000 New Member

would u call evoluiton the change of skin color? or is that just degeneration. we all know that in ancient times when there was not alot of people the gene pool was more complete, now that same gene pool has been branched out through the generations not one of us has the complete set of genes. also because of all the genocide that has been done we may never have the chance to. so what do you call that evolution or degeneration?

7. Olympus_Mons

Olympus_Mons New Member

Micro evolution does happen. It is called adaptation. For example, it is why people have different skin colors.:pbjtime::pbjtime:

8. Waxy cheesecake

Waxy cheesecake Premium Member

First of all, If the Theory of Evolution were real it would have to happen REALLY quickly, like every other generation. Why does it have to be that fast? Well, the earth isn't as old as scientists think. Do you remember when the first man landed on the moon? Do you know how long the legs were? They were that long because scientists thought the moon was as old as earth was. They knew the amount of dust in space, they also knew the gravity well of the moon. According to their calculations there should have been at lest 12 feet of dust on the moon. How much dust was on the moon? About a 1/2 inch. How quickly was this forgotten? Like that *snaps fingers*

[Edited on 14-3-2005 by Waxy cheesecake]

9. Olympus_Mons

Olympus_Mons New Member

Yeah I've heard that before and, it's 100% true.:)

10. Mizar

Mizar Premium Member

Sorry this is a one line post But I don't have time for a long one.

I dissaggre and I'm a catholic.

11. Olympus_Mons

Olympus_Mons New Member

Yeah, whatever. :ch:

12. DeusEx

DeusEx Member

I agrre with evolution. The issue is that in humans, there is no natural selection, so there is no actual evolution.

Odds of life on a given planet- 1 in 10 billion (estimate)
    Odds of your two parents getting together- 1 in 6.5 billion (or more)
    Odds of someone with your exact genetic make up being born and surviving- 1 in 145 billion (est.)

Cosmic die-rolling indeed. I'll take the odds that evolution is in some part true.

DE

13. Olympus_Mons

Olympus_Mons New Member

I think tose odds are pretty optimistic.

14. tablet

tablet Premium Member

How long does it take for something to evolve? It’s been 2000 years now and we’re still human. What are the odds that we’re going to have our #@!&% and body changes due to evolution in the next 2000 years? Assuming that we didn’t inject or consume any harmful drug, it must happen naturally (yes, you can count the environment).

Even if we have all the evident for past evolution it still means nothing if we cannot witness our own transformation. However evolution does make a lot of sense in some way but it cannot explain how something came out of nothing, this, I believe is the Black labyrinth that we’re constantly trying to find answer for. Something that is very obvious yet we make it so complicated by introducing one theory after another. We’re basically creating more dots on the ring of the labyrinth.

Theories like Alien from another planet came to earth and seed us, when the same question remains: How can something came out of nothing? Its way too difficult to answer for that we invent new theory in hoping that we can forget and put that matter to rest. What we don’t realize is that this new theory will have new set of problems and these set of problems will inevitably lead to the source once again which of course we will ignore the source and try to create another theory to explain it. It never ends.

We are running in circle I say, no matter what you do the source is always in the centre, go there and you will find the answer. Out here is nothing but trouble.

Reach the centre and rest your soul. Although, it won’t be that easy for you must first connect the dots and know what it means before the door can open. (Metaphorically speaking).

15. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

Scientists now are theorising that evolution happens in big leaps rather than small steps. Also the odds of life happenin are raher large, but because of the huge number of planets and solar system it was perfectly possible. Hope this helps.

- Ice -

16. MENGUARD

MENGUARD New Member

Evolution is already taking place,I saw a news cast where this gorilla use to use his fingers to get bugs out of a tree.But down the road he learns to use a stick to get the bugs out.This didn't work so he found a new stick or tool better for the job at hand and started extracting the bugs.They showed him doing this out in a jungle,sequence by sequence.Pretty amazing,not only that our lifespans have gone up too.along with the average height of humans.

17. parrhesia

parrhesia Member

I wouldn't really classify that as evolution, and it's not uncommon at all for the great apes to utilize tools for purposes like the one you mention, and really doesn't have much to do with evolution.

Icewolf,
    Are you referring to Stephen J. Goulds theory of punctuated equilibrium? I think that theory was really important, and resulted in some necessary modifications to Darwin's original theory. Darwin didn't really believe that species really existed (Like many of his time, he rejected natural kinds - didn't wanna be a Dunce, ya know :p) and punctuated equilibria observed in snails, for instance, proves that existance wrong because it's shown that evolution acts on species rather than individuals, and in big leaps, rather than gradual steps.

18. bodebliss

bodebliss The Zoc-La of Kromm-B Premium Member

well I'm glad this was started in the lounge because not one of the statements has been supported by an outside link.

It's just conjecture without that scientific truth which seems to be in abundance on the side of evolution.

[Edited on 3-30-2005 by bodebliss]