Astronomy Ever wanted a telescope?

Discussion in 'Astronomy' started by Mizar, Mar 25, 2005.

1. Mizar

Mizar Premium Member

Hey there, if you have ever wanted a telescope I can help you pick out one that meets your needs and wants. Most of all I can find a reliable easy to use scope in your price range. If you decide to buy I will be more than happy to help you use it and answer your questions.

So do you want one? if so lets start a disscussion of what is right for you.;)

2. mscbkc070904

mscbkc070904 Premium Member

I was looking for one back sometime ago, one that has the 35mm camera attached, automatic settings with computer program, and so forth if you know what i mean. I only found one that I liked, but if you have a choice ref of them, please do provide it.

3. JcMinJapan

JcMinJapan Premium Member

How much money are you looking at spending? That will make a HUGE difference. :pbjtime:

4. Mizar

Mizar Premium Member

Wow I forgot I made this thread:lol: Sorry mscbk

5. mscbkc070904

Under a 1K.

6. JcMinJapan

JcMinJapan Premium Member

Personally, I would suggest the two following scopes for you.

127mm StarMax Compact 5" Equatorial Telescope - Is a telescope that will give great views. It runs around $600 and you would need to buy a drive as well, so it would leave ya some extra money for the drive and possibly some other accesories as well.

or

The Meade ETX-125AT Telescope , this runs around $900US and comes with the motor already.

These two telescopes are made easy for the beginner, but will give you great views.

I know people with both of these types of scopes and they all give them above average reviews. I have also used both before and the images are very clear and nice. By above average, they have used the 8-10K scopes before, so above average is wonderful for the advanced beginners.

7. mscbkc070904

Thanks JC the Meade ETX was one I was looking at, from what I gathered off the web, it seemed perfect.