ID Lounge Easter Eggs

Discussion in 'ID Members Lounge' started by JcMinJapan, Dec 20, 2004.

1. JcMinJapan

JcMinJapan Premium Member

I am not sure if everyone is aware of what Easter Eggs are. No, not the eggs that we find on easter. I have known about these for years and love to try and find them. well, today someone asked me if there were any in Excel 2003. I had not really thought of easter eggs for a long while and thought this would be something to show the people that were not aware of them.

What is an Easter Egg? Well, an easter egg is something that they hide in books, software, DVDs, etc. Usually they are fun things that most people have no idea exist. Did you know that Excel 97 had a flight simulator? Yes, it did!

Here are a few examples. Most Software have them and most people do not know about them.
    There are tons of them and fun to look for. So, if you did not know exist, it may be time to break out the old games, books, and DVDs and enjoy finding them. a great site is http://www.eeggs.com/ . There are many other good ones as well. Enjoy and have some fun with these.

[Edited on 20-12-2004 by JcMinJapan]

2. DreamLandMafia

DreamLandMafia Premium Member

In Command and Conquer: Red Alert, hold Shift and Click on the Speaker on the main page. You get secret ant levels where you fight giant ants!

In this old graphing calculator of mine, if you typed in "What is the answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe and Everything?" using the 2nd key, itd spit out 42. :p

[Edited on 20-12-2004 by DreamLandMafia]

3. helenheaven

helenheaven Premium Member

JCM, I had never heard of these before, they are fantastic!

Thanks for posting that, I will be on the hunt for them from now on!

4. Didnt they hide them on the circuit boards of the early ibm xts? I know Bill Gates did a few. I like them,I usally will see them after someone else points them out. As a side topic I like finding inaccuracies in movies.:cheers: