Chit Chat Dumb Criminal News

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Star and Crescent, Sep 1, 2004.

1. Kentucky
    Two men tried to pull the front off an ATM by running a chain from the machine to the bumper of their pickup truck. Instead of pulling the panel off the machine, however, they pulled the bumper off the truck. Scared, they left the scene of the crime. Their bumper, along with their license plate was still attached to the ATM.

Texas
    A man convicted of robbery worked out a deal to pay $9600 in damages rather than serving a prison sentence. He gave the court a check--a forged check. He was sentenced to ten years.

Detroit
    In the Detroit area, two patrol officers went into a neighborhood to show children the new computer equipment they had. R. C. Gaitlin, 21, was also curious. When he asked how the system work, the officers asked him for some identification. After turning over his driver's license, Gaitlin was quickly arrested. The computer showed that he was wanted for a two year old armed robbery.

Virginia
    A man on a bicycle approached three well-dressed men with what appeared to be a 9 mm semiautomatic handgun. As the man demanded money, the three gentlemen--off-duty federal agents--drew their weapons and fired more than 20 shots. Along with the would-be robber, three cars, a truck, two homes, and an office building suffered bullet wounds. The injured suspect's weapon turned out to be a pellet gun.

2. Cinderloft

Cinderloft Premium Member

This made me laugh till I hurt. Thats what the world needs more of, criminals who catch themselves.

3. pineappleupsidedown

pineappleupsidedown Premium Member

Im not sure where this was, but i heard of a criminal that tryed to steal an entire atm machine, solely by rocking it back and forth.

When sirens sounded, he hid, knowing police would be there soon.

The police inspected the area, and began to fingerprint the machine. That is, until they heard a sneeze. the criminal had decided to hide behind the ATM.

---pineapple

4. Cinderloft

Cinderloft Premium Member

Heh, now that is pretty stupid. I read an article that some guys tried to use a piece of heavy equipment to rip one out, bulldozer or something. They still were not able to pull it off. People will try anything I guess.

C.