Economics Does The World Revolve Around Money?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by junior_smith, Sep 20, 2004.

1. junior_smith

junior_smith Premium Member

i was having this argument with my friend,
    he seems to think that oce china becomes uber powerful they will change from communism, which lead him to say the that money makes the worold go round

is this true?

2. pineappleupsidedown

pineappleupsidedown Premium Member

I think so.
    Why is the US in Iraq? Money
    Why are people robbed? Money
    Why does the media pay more attention to countries with oil? Money
    What do the little ladies ringing bells in front of Grocery stores asking for? Money

Without money, nothing would happen unfortunatly.

---pineapple

P.S. Sorry if that was too political, seems like the question itself was political however.

3. tablet

tablet Premium Member

Power and Money, Space and Time. Earth is the victim.

11.gif

Power = Energy, Force, Strength
    Money = Concept, Idea, Paper, Gold
    Earth = You, Me, I, We, Us, every living creature.

If you look at it from the top, then it's the power that control. But if you're
    at the bottom looking up, then it's the money that makes it go round.

Earth, Money and Power all have 5 letters. Ohhh.. scary.

Well, anyway, ignore what I say. I'm just crazy.

4. helenheaven

helenheaven Premium Member

I have just read Run, Jane, Run (Horizon Press)

A very good example of how money makes the world go around in a very unexpected way

A women who lost her three storey home and was forced to live in her car after her husband beat her repeatedly and, killed her ex husband. She lived in her car whilst she had to pay her husband's legal fees...

her 6 month old and 3 year old were also in the car......

Kentucky, USA, 1990's

5. JcMinJapan

JcMinJapan Premium Member

Well, your first and last answer are both my choices. It does not matter where you are from. 99.9% only care about money in the end. But, the last comment is true. Our existance is just a memory after we die.

6. Zsandmann

Zsandmann Premium Member

BREAKING NEWS:

Donald Trump and Bill Gates to drill a hole to the core of the earth to see if there is indeed money there around which the earth is revolving.

The Trump-Gate probe will be the first of its kinda employing a one jigawatt ruby laser to burn through the crust and mantle to the hopefully money laden core. Said Trump, "yeah I have heard that the world revolves around money since I was a lad in board school, now I will be the first to prove it."

Both men say that if there is no money at the core, and the hole does not create simultaneous worldwide volcanic eruptions they will sell the new space to the highest bidder for future slum-development. Bill Gates plans to market purposely flawed software developed to power the drill to mining companies that will then have to constantly buy upgrades and patches from him. He was unavailable for comment at the time of this acrticle as he was busy swimmimg in his sacagawea dollar filled pool in the Bahamas.

7. DontTreadOnMe

DontTreadOnMe Member

Money is not necessary for hapipiness. But, money is the power that arules the world. The bankers control it all, my friends, including governments.

8. junior_smith

i think there are people in this world that see money differently then the people who have replied to this thread, cetainly in the east more than the west i think money is less of an issue.

9. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

I don't think money's important, I could make money stretch for a long time, it's sad that money rules when logically intelligence and truth should.
    Oh and BTW this is kinda turning into a less ID topic.

10. tablet

tablet Premium Member

Let's pray that it's ok. Cause this is the Lounge section. Hang out, discuss and get to know our differences.

The knowledge and Truth section is where one have to becareful not to mention the word C. :)

give me $500 billion and I'll control the CITY.
    give me $1000 billion and I'll control the COUNTRY.

11. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

lol, give me a $300 dollar bill and I'll control the world.

12. junior_smith

i kinda think this is an ID topic because we are turthseekers, and in our wold money can sway the truth and cause bias, so i thought it would be interesting to get everyone's opinion on why we have to search for truth in some cases instead of having true information

13. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

I suppose but money is a dangerous thing and I think it's best people remember that.

14. junior_smith

i agree with you totally that money is dangerous, i just don't think that every person on this planet is greedy.

15. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

Who says they need to be greedy?
    He who controls the currency controls the country (or whatever that saying is)

16. junior_smith

yeah but you pretty much have to be greedy to have the money to control a countr

and you don't have to be rich to control a country it all dpends on the type of government you have.

17. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

When I said whoever controls the money I meant whoever is in charge of giving it out, e.g. the government

18. bodebliss

bodebliss The Zoc-La of Kromm-B Premium Member

Love makes the world go round. Money is just grease to the wheel, and makes it spin faster.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Derek

Derek ■֎؜♫■ Staff Member

Man... still looking for that love bode.... there is absolutely none in the world of politics but the love for hate... and money... :lol:

20. bodebliss

bodebliss The Zoc-La of Kromm-B Premium Member

I think everyone looks for love at some point in their life.