Chit Chat Do You Sleep With Your Window Open At Night?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mizar, Dec 15, 2004.

1. Mizar

Mizar Premium Member

Well one of my freinds was at my house recently and he asked my why my bedroom window was open and it was night. Of course it was just the blinds not the actual window. But I responded I like to look out at the stars before I fall asleep. Then he asked me if i got scared people were always spying on me. I said nah.

I like having my window open when I sleep becasue 1 the sun wakes me up so I dont over sleep
    and 2 I can look at the moon/sky when im falling asleep.

So what is your prefrence?
    Are you scared of someone spying
    or are you a brave soul fuled by personal resons?

2. DreamLandMafia

DreamLandMafia Premium Member

I sleep with it open because my rooms hot as hell.

3. helenheaven

helenheaven Premium Member

open in summer, shut in winter !

4. AD5673

AD5673 Member

not when its cold! lol

5. pineappleupsidedown

pineappleupsidedown Premium Member

Never. Too many creaks on the deck outside :p

Yes, im a scaredy-cat at heart.

6. SubVolitional

SubVolitional Member

Window closed because of sound and I'm looking to put heavey drapes to block the sun so that I can oversleep!:lol::lol:

7. tablet

tablet Premium Member

I'm paranoid.

8. marg6043

marg6043 Premium Member

I used to sleep with my windows open back home in Puertorrico, we don't have air conditioner or heaters, due to been and Island.

But since I have been in the US I only sleep with my windows closed, and during the spring I open the windows to air the house, that is the only time I do that.

9. I am in security, so no way would I leave my window open

10. switchblade

switchblade Member

A couple of my neighbours got burgled just before Christmas, so the police have told us not to leave windows open as the burglers even have keys to unlock our big windows. Nice world we live in ha ha!

11. bodebliss

bodebliss The Zoc-La of Kromm-B Premium Member

I am not going to try to heat all of Ohio in the winter time. So, closed definately closed.

12. JcMinJapan

JcMinJapan Premium Member

I love DARKNESS when I sleep. Completely pitch black with no noise. Peaceful!

13. marg6043

marg6043 Premium Member

My son is the same way the room has to be completely dark for him to sleep, he even has blocked his window from outside light.

I in the other hand I need some indirect light.

14. websurfer

websurfer Member

agreed, In Canada, the igloos here have windows that act like part of the wall than anything. Translational motion in the vertical direction for a window is possible, but not practical when the outside temp is -20 degrees Celsius. That would be equivalent to - 70 Farenheit for you non-canadians.

15. /Future Corpse/

/Future Corpse/ Premium Member

Closed! But understand that If I lived on the second floor in would be a different story. (No pun intended) ;)

16. bodebliss

Wait I hear the strains of a Simon n' Garfunkel song.

I think it starts," Hello darkness my old friend. I've come to talk with you again."

This is even closer than I thought, the song is called,"Sounds of Silence" wouldn't you know.

17. Gopher

Gopher Member

I sleep with the window open.
    Winter or Summer.
    Cold weather doesn't really bother me.

18. bodebliss

what about heating bills?

19. Ikebana

Ikebana Member

We are WAY up here in Northern Maine, only minutes from the border and it is dang dang dang COLD in winter and YES I have the window open an inch in our room and even the youngin' whose room is upstairs opens his at least an inch most of the time. Fresh air abounds where we are, almost no crime, but of course it wouldn't matter, cause we have Oliver...no not twist...he's a big bad furry four legged Boxer who only gets aggressive at night and who sleeps on a fouton (sp) at the foot of our bed...I really have no fear here! Besides, we have to leave them open because if the ET's come back, I forgot to give them a key last time. Too much snow to put it under the mat...the mat, as we speak, is buried somewhere under the last snowfall :bouncy:

20. mscbkc070904

mscbkc070904 Premium Member

I like to have it open in the spring and fall season, one to air the house, two says on heating and AC bills, and 3 I usually sleep better with a small crack in the window, like 1-3 inches and feel a nice draft blow in. But if its too cole or too hot no way.

When i was growing up we didnt have AC in our house, it was one of theose old type with the heating duct on the floorboards. I could never sleep with the window closed during the spring/fall season and sometime in the summer we had have the windows fully open to get any air in to stay cool when you slept, thank god for a safe neighborhood, finally we got central air.