Human Biology Direct brain control of prostetics

Discussion in 'Human Biology' started by oddtodd, Apr 3, 2005.

1. oddtodd

oddtodd Premium Member

This is encouraging ! Paralized people , or people with motor neron disease may be able to communicate with others in a tactile form .

I think of people like Stephen Hawkings ,
    who are prisinors in thier own bodies and how much more they could convey if they could communicate better .

Hawkings is an exception , he has outlived his prognosis by a couple decades and his needs to communicate are provided for him by his speach synthesizer . I don't know of any other victim of ALS that has this .

The last thing that gives out in ALS cases is the brain , it took one of my uncles and is terribly hard to see happen to a productive person like he was .

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...&u=/ap/20050403/ap_on_hi_te/training_my_brain

Give a read !

* Crap ! can someone fix that link and tutor me as to why I have this problem ....?

Fixed Link.... JCMinJapan
    just add [ u r l ] at the beginning and [ / u r l ] at the end. Just remove the spaces that I added.

2. Mark

Mark ♤♡◇♧ Staff Member

3. oddtodd

oddtodd Premium Member

Thanks , I'll try to not use the quick reply when I post a link .

4. Mark

Mark ♤♡◇♧ Staff Member

I see, yes the quick-reply really isnt a good mechanism if you wish to use certain BB codes, but it is great for a simple text reply maybe even with smilies. Takes a little gnashing of teeth sometimes for me too, lol.

5. JcMinJapan

JcMinJapan Premium Member

About a year ago, they implanted a chip into a guys brain that allowed him to send e-mail by thinking it. They are also working on setting up electronics in the house to also work that way as well. It would be wonderful for people with physical problems to be able to control their own environment and be a little bit more independant....