Puzzles & Games Derren Brown - Magic revelaed

Discussion in 'Puzzles & Games' started by Icewolf, Jan 9, 2005.

1. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

Well none of the other forums were suitable and what he does is definately mind boggling, but how does he do it?
    I love magic tricks/psychological illusions, but I can never work out how they are done, maybe using this thread we could share our knowledge on the subject, which could lead us to work out how he does it.

2. pineappleupsidedown

pineappleupsidedown Premium Member

can you give us some examples of what he does?

---Pineapple

3. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

I forgot that no one in the US wuold know of him. Well, derren brown is a special kind of illusionist. He performs things which I do not believe are possible. The last 2 "tricks" he did were, Russian roullete, he got a revolver (i think) he out one bullet in it, spun the barrel with the bullets and then shot himself in the head, luckily it wasn't the loaded section which it landed on. He also "last night" went across america to show that any lamen could make people have extremely strong beliefs, http://www.derrenbrown.co.uk/home.asp

4. Hazlenuttt

Hazlenuttt New Member

Wow that revolver trick..damn..I would never...ever...do something like that..there has to be a trick to it...Though I imagine it will be hard to find the answers because they keep this stuff top secret!!! But, I'll research some on online..just see what I can come up with!!:p

5. pineappleupsidedown

pineappleupsidedown Premium Member

I think the gun is one that couldnt fall into the wrong place when spun.

Something

there is always a trick to it.

---Pineapple

6. Mevans

Mevans New Member

He probably took the pin out of the gun fireing mechanism...or filed it down....

Anyway, after reading through his site....I would love to meet this guy. He challenges mainstream thinking. I guarantee this guy would entertain me with his illusions. He gets political leaders to believe he is the real thing.....

HAHAHAHA It just goes to show what the world is made out of.

7. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

well i'd stop looking for answers with the gun, it was a perfectly functioning gun, this guy is crazy enough to say that he doesn't want any tricks to be brought up in his show, just illusions.

8. junior_smith

junior_smith Premium Member

did you watch the messiah show? it was great and i think he would make an excellent politician, because he has the possibility to be so manipulative

9. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

yes i saw it, it was brilliant, but i think the seance was just as good (how did he get that girl to talk? If the woman wasn't dead?? It made no sense, he has a strong suggestive ability over people.

10. tablet

tablet Premium Member

?? Am I missing something? This is in the brainteaser section. Where's the puzzle? Clearly to me this is white magic fighting (IF you know what I mean...).

OK, so where's the puzzle? I want to have a look.

EDIT: Ok ok. I found the page.
    http://www.channel4.com/entertainment/tv/microsites/M/mindcontrol/subtle/suggestion.html

EDIT2:
    Having visited the site listed above, I gotta check out his DVD and boy... it was both Shocking and enlightening at the same time. Beyond unbelievable. The one I rent is "Inside Your Mind". Having watched this I now really see the power of the human mind.

I wish I can talk more about it, but right now I'm speechless after watching the dvd....

[Edited on 1-16-2005 by tablet]

11. Rancor

Rancor New Member

An ATS interview would be nice

[Edited on 2-13-2005 by Rancor]

12. Al Vereco

Al Vereco Member

...or even a BTS interview if such things exist! :p
    [Editted to add...]
    ...or even a ID interview!

[Edited on 13-2-05 by Al Vereco]

13. junior_smith

junior_smith Premium Member

I had previously thought about an ID interview, but i think it would cost us, lol

14. Rancor

Rancor New Member

Well a ATSNN would cover it, cause...........

I wonder if he can trick people through forums?:0

[Edited on 2-14-2005 by Rancor]

15. Rancor

Rancor New Member

Well I finaly saw the Dvd and by the looks of it, this topic belongs in the paranormal forum at ATS, because what he does is mental. Or so I think.

16. mscbkc070904

mscbkc070904 Premium Member

The revolver thing, if you have a keen ear, you can hear the clicking as to which one as the round in it. And I am sure there is something in there that makes it skip that round to one more click so it doesnt land...there is a trick to that gun, its just not seen. Or, the round he uses is empty, and all it is a empty cartridge with a bullet afixed to the top, primer is ping and no gunpowder inside.

17. Rancor

Rancor New Member

Ok well after watching the video many times, I know how he does most of the tricks, and I was wrong, they are not anything paranormal. Most of the tricks are done with manipulating people’s subconscious and ignorance, as I was the first time I saw it. What he does is that he "influences” people in ways so simple that the people that he is doing it to, and the people that are watching, don’t even notice. Like hand movements or using "hidden" words. However, there are still a few tricks that I have not figured out, but im working on it. Look at any of his shows or movies and you can see it.

[Edited on 3-2-2005 by Rancor]