Sociology Declaration Of Human Rights

Discussion in 'Sociology' started by Icewolf, Mar 23, 2005.

1. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

Just incase you ever wondered what rights you have that are defended by international law, I have a link below,
    (could someone please tell me if this document is out of date because I'm sure that the latest one is slightly different.)

http://www.un.org/Overview/rights.html

- Ice -

2. mscbkc070904

mscbkc070904 Premium Member

Actually this is still current, however a revised version is in the works and its been in the works for over a year, the thing is, when the UN puts out a document, most of the nations in the UN have to agree to it, those who do not, then its voted on to take effect. Due to the War in Iraq and the constant problems and treatment of detainees and now GITMO and the other junk surfacing from Afghanistan, a new one needs to be done up. I know the US rewrote a ton of policies due to the AG prison treatment.

Now, does every nation adhere to the law, nope. And if anyone thinks they do, is ignorant. No punt intended, but seriously and I am not talking about the US, if anything there are only a handful of nations that really stick the law on human rights, most dont. I have been places where when you think you have rights and try to exercise them or threaten with them, only causes more suffering on your part. And when and if you are freed then, yes you can use it against them, but no nation will take blame, they will punish those who did it, if they actually did it and the nation may apologize to you. Thats about it. So when people hound the US, saying that Bush should be held responsible for the actions of handful, ok when has any other nation taken responsibility for they have done to others? Not talking about WWII either I am talking about in the last 40 yrs.

3. blue

blue Premium Member

never forget your "rights" only go as far as the man holding the gun will let them

'

'

4. bodebliss

bodebliss The Zoc-La of Kromm-B Premium Member

every international treaty the US sign abrogates your rights as a US citizen. Soon you will have none or you will have as much right to yours as some individual in kabuki-land who you've never met.

5. JcMinJapan

JcMinJapan Premium Member

ha ha ha.... Kabuki-land... I guess you are not talking about Kabuki-cho in Tokyo.... :lol::lol::lol: Wild wacky place..... ha ha ha

Sorry, this just seemed funny. :o

6. bodebliss

bodebliss The Zoc-La of Kromm-B Premium Member

No I'm not.

7. Young William

Young William Premium Member

Icewolf,
    I believe that you have the potential to make a difference, take it as you will, but don't let it go to your head, because at that point everything else becomes a compromise.