Zoology Debate - Animal Testing

Discussion in 'Zoology' started by Icewolf, Mar 1, 2005.

1. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

Debate - Animal Testing

Do you think Products (Medicinal, Cosmetic or other) should be tested on animals before humans?

Start Date 1/3/2005
    End Date 31/3/2005

Each year scientists test new products on animals. Thousands undergo the horror of being tortured by dangerous medicines or being poisoned by abrasive cosmetics. Yet without sacrifice progress would be slow going and many humans could die before a cure is found.

This is more of a debate than the last one and i'm sure we'll get some stronger opinions.

2. mindwalker

mindwalker New Member

My opinion is that we should never test anything on any other living creature..........why put them through suffering and pain just for our own gain.

However how do we test products and drugs.................surely in this day and age another method of testing must be available !!

3. Dark_phoenix0666

Dark_phoenix0666 New Member

I think that they must have the technology out there to know if it would be dangerous with out testing i mean they have tested them enough times they should know by now whats harmgul and whats not. Its unfair on the animals who have no say in the matter and are killed for our needs.

4. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

well I agree that all testing on animals is cruel and "evil",

A different point of view would be nice to see the other side as it were.