Human Biology Cup of urine a day keeps ailments at bay

Discussion in 'Human Biology' started by Cinderloft, Sep 3, 2004.

1. Cinderloft

Cinderloft Premium Member

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=sto...thailand_urine_offbeat_040902151155&printer=1

This is more of a holistic therapy, not sure if it belongs here, but interesting to me nonetheless. Not that I would actually try this, but I think more research should be done on holistic medicine, both for safety as well as effectiveness.

Edit: Good god, I have busted that link 3 times. Please copy and paste.

Edited by JCMinJapan: Fixed your link for you. ;)

2. crayon

crayon New Member

This does not surprise me. If you provide your body with small doses of bacteria and such, it learns to fight it off. Heard something about picking ones nose and then eating it boosts the immune system. Not sure that is going to be happening from me anytime soon.

3. amantine

amantine Premium Member

Urine contains no bacteria. All urine contains is that what your body wanted to get rid off and some water that must go with the dissolved substances. The research has been negative except for the article quoted above. That study is based on the responses of people to questionairs, usually not a very accurate way to determine someone's health.

Considering the Skepdic article, I would not drink urine until it has been proven to increase your health, unless you are in an extreme situation like being stranded in the desert.

4. pineappleupsidedown

pineappleupsidedown Premium Member

Just logically, doesnt urine consist of everything that has already gone through your system? So wouldnt your body just say "this is junk" and flush it through again?

Also i have a memory of my chem teacher saying urine was one of the things first used for explosive experiments?

And it helps heal sea urchin wounds...But other than that, I dont even want to know about using urine in any way, shape or form....eww

---pineapple