Chit Chat Cookie Monster next Victim of Political Correctness

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by helenheaven, Apr 8, 2005.

1. helenheaven

helenheaven Premium Member

This is one of the most ridiculous things I have heard this year. Is every children's fictional character going to be "cleaned up" so as to not skew anyone off course or offend anyone ?

I loved Sesame Street but it didn't lead me to copying the Cookie Monster and gobbling plates of cookies !

Utter madness. PS. I call my Dad, Grover !

Children learn good eating habits from the food served to them, not from TV.

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/TV/04/07/tv.cookie.lessmonster.ap/index.html

2. JcMinJapan

JcMinJapan Premium Member

I agree Helen... I loved Cookie Monster when I was a kid! I do not eat plates of cookies at a time either! This is just ridiculous. More political correctness and it just seems to get out of hand. Also, another example of how parents want to blame others for their kids problems. I loved cookie monster and even think I had a doll of him when I was 5 or 6. but, my parents TAUGHT me what is good and not good...... Personally, cookie monster was great and I for one am sad to see them change the character for PC reasons...... If they wanted to do something, then introduce another character that goes crazy with fruit......

3. Bleys

Bleys Phoenix Takes Flight Staff Member

:pbjtime:

C is for cookie that's good enough for me.
    Oh, cookie, cookie, cookie starts with C.

:pbjtime:

What will they change Cookie Monster's name to - Eggplant colored non-humanoid who enjoys an occasional organically prepared rice cake?

It is a sad day for 123 Sesame Street.
    Bleys

4. MidnightDStroyer

MidnightDStroyer New Member

IMO, "political correctness" is just another one of those self-contradictory terms, such as "military intelligence", "Peacekeepr Missle" & "Christian Militia"...
    :lol:

I've talked to people who spoke so "politically correct" that they were completely incomprehensible...Anyone else have that experience?

5. DeusEx

DeusEx Member

[​IMG]

Taken from pvponline.com. True, though.

DE

6. mscbkc070904

mscbkc070904 Premium Member

I was so upset about this when i listened to it on the news yesterday, man, the Cookie Monster is the Shiznig!!!! Now they want to change his personality!!!!! Kids are not gettign fat cause of eating cookies, they are getting fat cause the parents are not watching what they eat!...Another controversy once again, pointing blame that obesity is caused by TV, when are people going to take responsibility for their own actions rather than blame everyone else for their problems....Poor Cookie Monster, now he will probably be called the Blue Monster, oh wait cant call him that, cause the color 'blue' makes kids become depressed....just a little bad humour on the chaos of BS ideologies.

7. JcMinJapan

DeusEx :lol::lol: EXACTLY!!!

I remember one time when I was giving a speech, I was talking about man-made objects... Well, this lady stood up and complained that I used the word man-made instead of PEOPLE-Made......I will never forget that.... :lol::lol:

8. Bleys

Bleys Phoenix Takes Flight Staff Member

We had a \"who can come up with the most extreme PCism...\"

We had some great and funny examples like follicaly challenged and vertically disabled. But there was one I couldn't figure out. perit. I finally had to ask what it meant. She said person with male references removed ie son. Priceless!

B.:lol:

[Edited on 4-19-2005 by Bleys]

9. marg6043

marg6043 Premium Member

It is very sad when I found out about the cookie monster that is so unfair to take the cookies away from him.:lol:

That brings to mind another program I saw in comedy central with the blue collar comedy kings, they have an episode on politically correct snow white it was so funny.

10. oddtodd

oddtodd Premium Member

So will Oscar get to move to the projects as to not offend any potentialy homeless viewers .

I've been a meanie and called pudgy kids fat back in grade school , maybe I cold have been a trend setter and called them gravitationaly challenged .

Insults are chidish and wrong , but give me a break on Cookie Monster !! Or better yet , break me off a piece of that monster cookie !

Are Bert and Ernie more than friends ? Will have to send an e-mail to some right wingers and find out .

11. JcMinJapan

Well, I think that Big Bird and Mr. Snufalufagus will have to get married and be the interacial couple. Maybe homosexual as well (never thought of Big Birds gender)? Bert and Ernie will have to be gay.

The count should give up counting and forget numbers and join the special ed class for the educationally challenged........

Cookie monster of course will have to eat veggies. But, I am offended about him eating more vegetables! I am a meatatarian and I feel that I am being discriminated against!.....

Oscar the Grouch will no longer be able to be mean. He must become very Politically Correct and have to be very neatmaybe come a butler? (I mean he is teaching people to be mean and dirty)

12. JcMinJapan

I think the problem is not with their weight! It is their height that is lacking...... The have a height deficiency! Never make fun of such a serious illness...... :lol:

13. TruthBringer

TruthBringer Premium Member

here in britain (suffolk i think) they changed "snow white and the 7 dwarves" into the "princess and the guardians of the forest" so as not to offend black people or dwarves how pathetic.
    round the corner from my house there is a school st marys primary (elementary for you americans :up: ) school from saint marys to stanmore primary school they took out the st marys to avoid offending the non-christians in the community and this was also the reason for removing the crosses from the "hot CROSS buns" in our school canteen (caferteria)

as u may have noticed i have given translations for some words so as not to offend any americans :sing:

Yours, Truth

14. Derek

Derek ■֎؜♫■ Staff Member

Unbelievable! :ch: Can they find nothing else worse in this world to throw a hammer at than characters of Sesame Street!
    This seems to be getting more and more common, too many emotionally shut down parents outta touch with their feelings to see that THEY are the problem not the TV, Video Games, Fast Food Restaurants. :mad: