Puzzles & Games Congratualtions to Oddtodd

Discussion in 'Puzzles & Games' started by junior_smith, Sep 24, 2004.

1. junior_smith

junior_smith Premium Member

Congrtulations oddtodd, you got the right answer which was, the discovery of thomsonite in old kilpratick in 1820.

2. JcMinJapan

JcMinJapan Premium Member

Congrats!
    Can`t wait to see the fight for the title! YEAAHAA

3. oddtodd

oddtodd Premium Member

I search for things well online , ex GF was amazed when I could answer a question she had been looking for an answer to for days ....

Purduenuc hooked me up with Copernic Agent search engine a while back , and it's a pretty good program (didn't use it this time ) .

They have a no frills freebie version I will go find a link for...wait right here

here it is http://downloads-zdnet.com.com/3000-2379-10017664.html

[Edited on 25-9-2004 by oddtodd]

4. Cinderloft

Cinderloft Premium Member

Props oddtodd, I am impressed. Good luck to you in the finals!

5. oddtodd

oddtodd Premium Member

Thanks !

I was thinking it was kind of lame for me to only have asked one question , gotten it wrong , and still hit the win button . I guess we all have the same rules , and can use all the info available from the previous questions , but will the rules for the finals be different ? One could hold out and just answer the final ? and win .

I have no solution at the moment but was thinking about a mandatory question evry 24 hours and the final answer given in u2u form for the sake of time zones (there seems to be some favoritism toward the last person asking )

6. Cinderloft

Cinderloft Premium Member

Well, I believe these are the preliminary rounds. Once the four are in the finals, I think they are the only ones who can compete, so yes you could wait till the end to ask a question, but it will be a long long road.

7. oddtodd

oddtodd Premium Member

Yea , third question strategy forming in my head already....

8. Well, congrats.
    This is gonna be some battle.
    n_n

9. pineappleupsidedown

pineappleupsidedown Premium Member

What made you guess that though? I thought we were a long way from being done and then BOOM! its over. Congrats oddtodd

---pineapple

10. oddtodd

oddtodd Premium Member

I did a Yahoo search for 1820 + Old Kilpatrick + mine . Mine was the key word to use it seems , we asked about a coal mine and a lead mine and helenheavens answer was "not a lead mine" so thats why I used it . Then I just looked for "discovered" in the site descriptions and hit it on the second click .

the wording of hh's answer to the mine question might have been overlooked and that's what I jumped on , icewolf got the location but ended the turn by guessing a parish .

11. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

Grrr I'm still In a mood Over that because that was what I was going to guess, :( You had better hope I don't get into the finals.

(lol, I think I scared myself)

P.S I'm guessing that, that's the only person I scared, lol.

12. tablet

tablet Premium Member

And He needs a vaccines! oops. I mean Vocation! THere he can finally stand up and get off that throne.

23.jpg

Look at that. He have been sitting there for a very long time you can see the odor!.

I can't believe it comes to you. Who could have know the answer! :lol:

[Edited on 24-11-2004 by tablet]

13. oddtodd

oddtodd Premium Member

OMG !!!!! :help: I have been edited by the majic tablet !!!! We are ammused !!! But the seat is getting cold !

* that is not odor !!! That is the thermodynamic heat wave resonance dissipation seen in the infa red spectrum . (yeah , that's it ...)

*[Edited on 24-11-2004 by oddtodd]

[Edited on 24-11-2004 by oddtodd]

14. tablet

tablet Premium Member

ahahahaahaha. C'mon now, stick it into your avatar for a month!! :grin: :ch:

15. helenheaven

helenheaven Premium Member

Congratulations...

I tried to make this incredibly cryptic.....

became a bit laborious for all involved....

Thanks for your patience...welldone Oddtodd!

16. oddtodd

oddtodd Premium Member

AHHHHHH !!! What A relief !!! I actually gave up on this and gave pineapple all my info , then I dropped back in , then quit again form frustration , then I sent junior_smith a u2u saying I would formally resign if he would tell me the answer (just to free up some brain space) , he would not , and did not even respond to my u2u .(I know this was an attempt to drive me over the edge so I tried some more )

I gave up again , and had just told ILP I was going to give all my info away to even out the playing field but before I could I got a u2u from pineapple (who found the location) saying " GET ON IM RIGHT NOW AND LETS GET THIS THING OVER WITH !!" (capitals are mine , she did not yell...)

We went back and forth with ideas and wound up coming to the same conclusion (I think) . She asked one question to isolate the people further while I grabbed for the brass ring with mine .

The hall of fame is cold and lonely , I need company !!! I brought my own throne and will keep the seat warm to share with the next GM arrival !

Special thanks to drlau for shooting me a link that helped a bunch , and pineapple for not editing my winning question !! lol As well as being a great team player !

Now I must rest and relieve the tension , someone pull my finger please , my brain still hurts .....

17. tablet

tablet Premium Member

What you mean hahaahaha. GM already pulled your finger.

Hmmm... which one of you want to sit on that throne for month? :lol: What make a better picture than Helen sitting on a throne! Catty Queen. :D

[​IMG]

The hall of fame is cold and lonely
    A gamemaster without the master.. empty chair. So lonely, truely lonely. :0

I forgot to put a radio on the throne cause that's the only way you can communicate while you're away. ahahaha.

[Edited on 11-24-2004 by tablet]

18. helenheaven

helenheaven Premium Member

You are awfully clever Tablet!

I have been known to dance on tables too ;)