ID Introduction Community Chat

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself @ ID' started by Zsandmann, Oct 22, 2004.

1. Zsandmann

Zsandmann Premium Member

Hi ID,

We are going to try and have at least a weekly chat session to both welcome new members and discuss whats going on at ID. Of course the chat is open 24/7, this will just be a time to collectively try to meet up. Post times that are good for you in this thread (in GMT please). If there is a wide range of desired times we will try to move the weekly chat time so different people may join in.

Z Out

2. DreamLandMafia

DreamLandMafia Premium Member

Uhh...anytime 1700-2200 GMT.

Or weekends 1400-100 GMT

[Edited on 22-10-2004 by DreamLandMafia]

3. ilovepizza

ilovepizza Premium Member

I will be at the weekly chats if I can be. I already sugested this idea a while ago so I am glad there is going to be a weekly chat meeting. If you need me to bring chips and dip to the weekly meetings I would be glad to:p:p:p:p

4. ilovepizza

ilovepizza Premium Member

There could be docents in the weekly chat. The admin and forum staff of course would be people new members could ask questions to, but too many people asking them questions might annoy them. So there could be certain members who are docents. New members with questions could ask the admin/forum staff and the docents if they have any questions. I think since this is going to be a time to talk about things going on at ID and other ID stuff it might be hard to stay on topic with new members asking questions in the chat. So if the members with questions not related to what is being talked about in the chat room, then they could send a personal messege to an admin, other forum staff, or docent. Not only would this make the weekly chat less hectic, but it would also give the new member or anyone else asking a question a more personal way of getting their questions answered.

For those of you who do not know what a docent is, it is someone who knows a lot about a certain subject and help answer people who have questions on that subject.

I think for someone to be a docent on ID they would have to have been a member for a set ammount of time. Maybe a month to start off with, but when the forum grows and a lot of new cool things are added the time needed to be a member would be longer than a month. The person would have to know the rules, guidelines, everything about the site. Not the bb code for every smiley, but the important stuff. They should also have to come to every community chat unless they cannot come because something came up.

5. Zsandmann

Zsandmann Premium Member

2400-300 GMT weekdays and ends are best for me

6. kiwirobin

kiwirobin Premium Member

2133 - 0247 GMT weekends
    1836 - 0003 GMT mid week

But I'm flexible +/- 38.44 sec.s

7. RANT

RANT New Member

Now, now, now! Now! Now. How 'bout now?

Annoying isn't I? :ban:

8. seekerof

seekerof New Member

Tighten up RANT. :D

seekerof

9. RANT

RANT New Member

:clwndnc: I can't even find the button for chat, Seekerof.

I pose little to no threat. :cheers:

FOUND IT! Now I'm dangerous. :p

10. marg6043

marg6043 Premium Member

Why we can not have chat now, at least for today.:lol:

11. Hellmutt

Hellmutt Member

I have been the only one in the chatroom here at ID today (in fact I´m there now). And ATS-chat is still down. Where is everybody? :puz:

12. lookingforknowledge

lookingforknowledge New Member

Great Idea

I think this is a great Idea!!!! So many sites it takes time to get up to speed on the discussions. Hope to meet everyone

Lynn

13. Zsandmann

Zsandmann Premium Member

Chat is currently off line but we hope to be able to bring it back soon. We will keep you posted.