Technology Cloak Technology

Discussion in 'Technology' started by tablet, Mar 2, 2005.

1. tablet

tablet Premium Member

I believe "Cloaking" is achieveable. IF we can control light we can control visual perceptions which can be a good thing or a bad thing depends on how you view it. For instance, you go into the forest and hunt suddenly you're surrounded with 20 Lions! This is where Cloak might save you.

A dark side of this would be rapist. Are all women going to use Cloak suit when "cloak" becomes the norm in our society? I believe our "mode" of mind will change once Cloak is introduced into our society. We will think different and our perceptions of reality will change.

2. helenheaven

helenheaven Premium Member

wow, that's really interesting Tablet!

But like all technology I'm sure it will be used for "evil" purposes over good

If women ran the world rather than use this technology for military applications we would use it for more mundane purposes, what easier way to get rid of the ugly hedge in front of the house? Just make it invisible!

(Don't let Martha Stewart know)

3. Young William

Young William Premium Member

Tablet,
    You're posts are well thought out and interesting. Optimism finds a way, were as........objection.......many times simply interrupts.

4. mscbkc070904

mscbkc070904 Premium Member

well cloaking it becoming more and more as tech evolves. Navy ships having cloaking for radar now and they are being installed on ships...but i cant tell you how it works...but if you research it on mil sites you will figure it out...

5. junior_smith

junior_smith Premium Member

ok supposse cancel out the light, wouldn't the object then become just black? and not see through?

6. tablet

tablet Premium Member

I am no expert in Cloak.

But imagine you're standing still and you wore a 360 suit. Let's say you stand face me. To make yourself invisible your suit would capture what your back sees and transfer it into the front (Where it faces me).

So whenever I look at you I would be seeing the images that your back would see.. We have flat screen monitor, soon we can have a suit that is made out of monitor all over. A flexiable flat screen that can be bend and twist.

This is how I see it. Not sure if it's implementable.