Puzzles & Games Cipher Puzzle - Intermediate Ranking-Solved

Discussion in 'Puzzles & Games' started by JcMinJapan, Aug 31, 2004.

1. JcMinJapan

JcMinJapan Premium Member

This is just a simple cipher puzzle just to get you started. Let`s get more difficult ones in here. Need to keep our minds honed for the next Hunt. But, I guess we will not be eligible. So, we want to get our next Captains moving on up! YEEE HAAAA

Translate it correctly to discover a quotation which presents an astute comment on life, which has held true for almost two millennia since it was originally written.

GCFMD4OMSMFRKFP2GCL,
    EFMSOJ9MO3EFRDJ7MO4E
    FRSE8ECJFRGD8OAFJSMI
    D2OCVOGFQSG5GCGFEEFM
    RSMEOSBI9MEO4PDCV7PF

2. Kellter

Kellter Member

I found the answer through unconventional means, will not post the answer. Also, should we have a method of posting the answer without spoiling?

3. JcMinJapan

no unconventional means allowed! You must practice for the next hunt! he he ;)

4. ilovepizza

ilovepizza Premium Member

JcMinJapan do you really think william, kano, or springer would have something that easy on the next hunt? They are probably going to have us decipher MC5 or some other ecryption that is extreamly difficult to decipher.

5. JcMinJapan

ANSWER BELOW..........

Since it was SOOOOO easy, The answer is below along with the explanation of it... If you do not want it, then do not read below this ................

Now, without going to http://www.puzzles.veryclever.co.uk/puzzle2.htm , you think that this was an easy puzzle to solve? Check out the answer below. If so, you are better than me. It took a while to figure it out. You can see why below. ;)
    Answer coming soon:
    How to solve it: (answer below this)
    The code is written backwards and then encoded, with numbers representing spaces between words. The numbers have no other meaning. The letter substitutions are as follows:
    A in the code represents L in the original, B=R, C=U, D=O, E=S, F=I, G=M, H=Z, I=P, J=B, K=G, L=C, M=T, N=W, O=E, P=D, Q=X, R=N, S=A, T=Y, U=K, V=Q, W=F, X=V, Y=J, Z=H.

"Id quod est praestantissimum maximeque optabile omnibus sanis et bonis et beatis, #@!&% dignitate otium."
    translated to English:
    "The thing which is the most outstanding and chiefly desired by all healthy and good and well-off people, is leisure with honour."

This was a quote from: Cicero Pro Sestio xlv

6. Kellter

Kellter Member

JC,

Thats how I found the solution. Prior to finding the solution I had figured that the numbers were spaces. Considering it was backwards and not in English,,,, I never woulda figured that out. Easy my &^%$ :D

7. JcMinJapan

this is a spoiler test.

8. JcMinJapan

If you use the default theme, then you will not be able to see this unless you highlight it. this is a test