Technology Cellphone - Instant Messaging

Discussion in 'Technology' started by tablet, Mar 12, 2005.

1. tablet

tablet Premium Member

Was it a year or 2 ago? That this was the coolest form of communication. Instead of voice chat you use services like ICQ, AOL, MSN on Cellphone to send msg and each line of text cost you some $$$. Anyone here use it?

Please explain cause I don't get it. What's the advantage of this form of communication and why would anyone even bother with it?

2. mscbkc070904

mscbkc070904 Premium Member

I think the method of sales in this area were to suck the pager/beeper business out, stating that you could have a cell with page/beeper capability all in one. And it worked. Text msg's were good at the time, I use to use it quite a bit when I was busy working and couldnt really talk on the phone, but I could read a message and send one back quickly, I even had voice capability where I could speak it and it would type it out and then click talk and it would send it. Now its kind of not so upty, cause of the new vids and if you notice they have liek the sidekick by T Mobile out.

3. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

think of it like this, you have friends on msn, but either they don't have a cellphone or you just don't want to give them your cellphone number, well you use msn to have normal chat on your cellphone, i wanted to get it but they charge you, and i use PAYG.

Hope this helps

- Ice -