Chit Chat Careers

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Icewolf, Jan 27, 2005.

1. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

What careers do you all have,

I want to be a physicist (maybe theoretical) anybody here do that?

If I don't do that then I'll go into photonics

2. switchblade

switchblade Member

Well,
    I'm currently playing the mummy role. Would like to have a shop that sells jars of cuddles and boxes of love ha ha!!! No seriously I would, but reckon I'll have to eventually write a book just to release some of the built up useless knowledge in my head - probobly about astrology.

3. /Future Corpse/

/Future Corpse/ Premium Member

I would love to own a dance club, but in reality I work in the pharmaceutical industry by some strange chance of luck.

4. switchblade

switchblade Member

FC,
    That sounds like a winning combination!!!!
    Oh sorry..............not advocating any misuse of any kind at any time anywhere honest!!!!!

5. JcMinJapan

JcMinJapan Premium Member

I want to be an AstroPhysicist, but I am currently an IT Consultant.

6. Waxy cheesecake

Waxy cheesecake Premium Member

Anytihing involving physics is good for me. I don't have a job yet(only 14) but I injoy reading about it and stuff.

7. Aubiefan05

Aubiefan05 Member

I'm a high school senior, and I work as a veterinary assistant at a local animal hospital.

I'll be heading to Auburn University this fall as a dual Zoology/Pre-Veterinary Medicine major, after that is vet school, with the ultimate goal of being a zoo vet, I'm considering pursuing a PhD in population genetics to work on restorative breeding programs for endangered species.

Great topic, btw, I"m really interested to see what everyone does.;)

8. badkitty

badkitty Member

I wanted to be virologist - however I have ended up in marketing (brand management to be exact).

9. Young William

Young William Premium Member

Icewolf,
    I'm currently working full-time as a flightline agent, while also attending to my Graduate studies in Psychological Counseling, which I'm very proud to say. Not "giving in" should allow me to complete my Doctorate in Clinical Psych, but that's not a given, determination deciedes many personal endeavors. Everyone has some sort of calling, I don't know what determines this, whether genetic, environmental, or societal, however, individuals will unconsciously pursue that which lures them.

10. mscbkc070904

mscbkc070904 Premium Member

I am 31 yrs old and still undecided what I want to be, I have narrowed it down to about 3-4 fields, but still undetermined. BUt my life experiences are more than I asked for.

I was a Marine for 10 yrs, travelled the world, 63 countries while I was in, been to 7 since I got out doing contracts around the world. I have seen and done many things, been to war, been to greive stricken countries, been to peaceful countries, hunted for terrorists, been face to face with terrorists, done alot really and sometimes been in the right place right time, known the right people.

When I was in, just some of the experiences, flew a AH-1W Super Cobra, back seat ride in a AV-8B Harrier (training platform), launched aircraft, landed aircraft, drive a M1A1, fired it, painted targets, recon, fired artillery, flown in every helo in US aircraft inventory, sailed in ships, jungle warfare training, desert trainign, mountain warfare training, extreme cold weather training, backseat in F-18, searched for Vietnam POW's, recon, just tons of things. I never really knew what I did until i got out and wrote the stuff down I did when I was in, places I had been.

And those experiences do persuade your decision in the future. I wanted to be back in high school, was either a Marine biologist (one of the fields I am still considering), fireman (getting to old now), believe it or not a farmer (aint happening now).

11. kiwirobin

kiwirobin Premium Member

An automotive engineer by trade but moving to the social side of things.
    Currently using engineering as a middel for behaviour therapy for juvinile delinquents between 14 - 18 yrs old.

12. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

oh! oh! i;m one of them, lol

13. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

Well I used to work in a clock factory, it was a right laugh, all we did was stand around all day making faces.

14. DreamLandMafia

DreamLandMafia Premium Member

Programmer most likely...

15. nightbreid

nightbreid New Member

I'm a CNC machinist, but I want to be a writer. Hey Look!! I'm writing!!!

16. poonchang

poonchang New Member

archaeology tech. I wander around looking for old trash or arrowheads. I want to be an owner of a dive company in maui when I grow up. When I was younger, I was going to be a professional football player (not soccer).:smug::mnky::=::$$: