Puzzles & Games Bull's Eye

Discussion in 'Puzzles & Games' started by helenheaven, Feb 12, 2005.

1. helenheaven

helenheaven Premium Member

Bull\'s Eye

Some thoughts....

Aldebaran, is a binary star in the Taurus Constellation and is known as the Eye of the Bull, (or All seeing Eye, symbol is a dot inside a triangle, same as BL) have a read here

http://www.solstation.com/stars2/aldebaran.htm

There is quite a legend around Taurus and the eye of the bull, maybe linked to BL ? Just a thought, but the labyrinth does look like a target (bull's eye)... and the legend relates around the Minotaur and the labyrinth ...

see the legend here:

http://www.greatdreams.com/constellations/aldebaran.htm

[Edited on 13-2-2005 by helenheaven]

2. helenheaven

helenheaven Premium Member

Also, Taurus (the bull) zodia date runs from April 21 - may 21

"The significance of the number twelve is very evident throughout history, from the twelve months within our year, to the twelve hours on our clocks, to the twelve Strands of D.N.A. within our bodies, to the Twelve Tribes of Israel, to the Twelve Gates of the New Jerusalem. The Twelve Tribes of Israel (sons of Jacob) were assigned specific places by Jacob in the Bible (Genesis 49.1-28). These places have an Astronomical comparable, which are the Constellation/Zodiac Signs positions...."

Taurus is the 12th son of Jacob

(just trying to tie in the 21 / 12 sequence we have!)

[Edited on 13-2-2005 by helenheaven]

3. tablet

tablet Premium Member

Great finding! I think this will lead somewhere soon. Here's a shot from Celestia:

[​IMG]

I'm going to read on this further to see where it will take us.
    --------------------------------

I wonder how we're going to map this into BL's symbol.

[Edited on 2-13-2005 by tablet]

4. Mizar

Mizar Premium Member

Wow shows how much I know missing aldeberan as a binary...

HOLY crap thats right! just the other night I was trying to split the two and I couldn't because aldeberan is su much brighter and biger.

wowzer I feel stupid..:p:o:wow:

[Edited on 2/13/2005 by Mizar]

5. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

Thought I might point out the flaw, that the Taurus date is not April 21 - May 21, due to the galactic drift, pointed out in "Debunking Astrology"

6. kiwirobin

kiwirobin Premium Member

If it is a binary star set we're looking for then these are the tau (taurus) binaries.

Maybe if the Labyrinth is aligned with one of these it might reveal something?

My next question is...If we have the key, where's the lock???

I'm still looking for the...
    "they lie in piles of two's and three's,
    for two alone cannot fullfill...
    like binary stars hidden in plain sight.",

[Edited on 2-13-2005 by kiwirobin]

7. kiwirobin

kiwirobin Premium Member

Oh yeah, the Phi tau has my interest.
    Phi being the Golden Ration.
    Another avenue I'm wandeling.

I'm off skiing, Yeeeeaaahaaaa, but will take some research material with me for the evenings.
    Can't wait to get back and see how your all getting on.
    :pbjtime:
    HUGS
    kiwi

8. Mizar

Mizar Premium Member

the Phi is just because stars in constelations are named after the greek alphebet and in taurus its tau alpha, tau beta tau phi etc....

9. kiwirobin

kiwirobin Premium Member

WOW, just noticed this...

theta1 and theta 2,
    and it's in in Hyades

But where are the piles of two's and three's?
    :bnghd:

10. Mizar

Mizar Premium Member

the hades cluster is in a triangluar shape with each side consisting of 2 stars which are binaries..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The bright orange star at the left top of the V is aldeberan the Eye of the bull. The hyades doubbles are eaisly visible to the unaided eye in a dark area.

11. kiwirobin

kiwirobin Premium Member

Very interesting Mizar, thanks.

Wonder how the triangle at the center of the labyrinth superimposes on the V?

Dang I wish I had a Good grafics prog. anyone know a good download for one?

12. kiwirobin

kiwirobin Premium Member

My thoughts on the last poem before I go to the snow.

I take it this is the link to BL?

If you need to "look back unto the ground" you must be lying on it looking up.
    "The answers lie behind the dark," being the night sky?
    We could be on the right track with the binary star idea.

also from a previous poem...

Has anyone tried to make the Labyrinth into a negitive image, I can't.
    If you stare at a negitive image for abot 30 seconds it forms a memory image on the retina.
    If you then look at a white background you can see a clear origional image. Maybe worth a try????

Here's an example of what I mean...
    http://www.eyetricks.com/jesus.htm

Good luck and see you in a couple of weeks.

13. tablet

tablet Premium Member

What lead us here is the fact that the centre of BL has a Triangle shape. And so we strive to look for similarity in Constellation. So far only 3 that seems to match.

1: Taurus
    2: Triangulum
    3: Triangulum Australe
    10.jpg
    [​IMG]

Number 2 and 3 Have perfect shape of the triangle. 1 is the bull. Have anyone here read into the Stars and the story/myth that surround it?

I try to map the Constellation into BL disc and it's very very confusing. I will find a flat map of the constellation, maybe this will make it easier to rule out the possibility.

To do: I heard that each Pyramid when built, it points to a star. So why not study pyramid and what stars it pointed to and read more about that star or story surround it. Maybe all the dots on the BL disc is actually a pyramid itself? And the Centre is the "Great Pyramid"?? And the circle are nothing but line trying to connect the pyramid?

14. tablet

tablet Premium Member

[Edited on 2-25-2005 by tablet]