BOARD COLOR TEST AND COMMENTS!!

Discussion in 'Website Support & Announcements' started by JcMinJapan, Sep 8, 2004.

1. JcMinJapan

JcMinJapan Premium Member

This is open for only a few hours!

We like to get the members opinions of the new colors.. What you like, what you don`t. I am sure there will many varieties, but we need to come up with something attractive. We have basically decided on blue, but would like to make it good for everyone as much as possible. So... No complaining about blue! ha ha ha

There are themes for other colors that we have made that you can use individually. But, this will be the default.

Too dark, just right, too light? Like to see certain sections darker lighter etc etc... just let us know... thanks. This thread will self destruct in a few hours.... Only the hardcore get this chance.... YEEE HAAA

2. Bleys

Bleys Phoenix Takes Flight Staff Member

I like the color - just wish the text contrast was a little sharper.

3. pineappleupsidedown

pineappleupsidedown Premium Member

We are talking about the Knowledge theme, right? (red) I like it, but could the text color not be gray? maybe switch the white link color with the gray text color. I liked the old one i had though, but I dont remember what it was called, so I cant do much about that.

Also maybe make the background a tad more maroon...course that could just be my feminine thinking and not suitable for a unisex theme...

---pineapple

[Edited on 9-8-2004 by pineappleupsidedown]

4. JcMinJapan

I changed the colors of the fonts to match the old default page we had. We are running into is finding out the different between links and words. We have to change the color of the links. But, we are running into the problem that most of the stuff on the front forum is all links, so they will show up that color also. So, we have to be carfeul as there is no small change. :)

What do you think now?

We cannot underline or change the color with links in BB code. But, Click here for some examples of ways to distinguish the lonks in a message.

[Edited on 8-9-2004 by JcMinJapan]

5. pineappleupsidedown

I dont notice any difference...

---pineapple

6. oddtodd

oddtodd Premium Member

Better than the grey start-up colors . Kinda smurferific , I like it .

Will be cool when we can personalize it !

7. JcMinJapan

I just matched the colors between the old one and this one... The links are white and the text colors are silver. (light grey)

8. intrepid

intrepid New Member

This blue is too much. An assault on the eyes. Can you lighten it?

9. JcMinJapan

Which blue where? There are a few colors of blue. To give a reference of ones you like and don`t like, please use the main page as a reference.

10. crayon

crayon New Member

The links on the gray background ( :new thread: and :reply: ) are impossible to see. The links on the white posts are kinda tough to see, but not as bad as the gray.

What about graphic buttons? If you are not sure what I mean, take a look at www.sportztawk.com. It's run by SO's son Ben.

Not to mention that my avatar does not look good with these colors.

[Edited on 8-9-2004 by crayon]

11. intrepid

intrepid New Member

It's the Posts blue. The background behind that is OK.

Then again, maybe it's the sharp contrast?

[Edited on 8-9-2004 by intrepid]

12. Cinderloft

Cinderloft Premium Member

perhaps a lighter blue, close to an easy sky? Light colors like sky blue, light green, etc, have been proven in psychology to be more pleasing to the eye and easy for reading. It makes the brain happy. All in all, still better then the original colors. Keep tweaking!

13. tablet

tablet Premium Member

I recommend that you use the guide below. :)

5.gif
    6.gif
    7.gif

let me know if you need more example.

[Edited on 8-9-2004 by tablet]

14. intrepid

intrepid New Member

Was the contrast. Very nice now. Thanks.

:D

[Edited on 8-9-2004 by intrepid]

15. amantine

amantine Premium Member

I like tablet's 2nd theme most. It's the least harsh on the eyes. I also think we should have graphic buttons. Modem users will only have to download them every once in a while, because they will stay in the browser cache. They will greatly enhance the look of the site and make it seem more professional. I want those graphic buttons...

16. JcMinJapan

Thank you all for your suggestions. As you can see, we will go back a bit to the drawing board and see what we can deliver. :)

We may do this again in the near future. We realize that we cannot make you all happy, but we will try to get something please to most. For the rest, we have the special themes already made. ;)

17. amantine

amantine Premium Member

The new default theme is nice, but I think it would be better if you changed the color of the links. The harsh light-blue doesn't look very nice. Also, I think the background of the reply box is a bit too dark.

18. JcMinJapan

It is a work in progress right now. Smiiiiiiiiiirkly our Forum Teckkkkky is having to get his beauty sleep. :) But, we are working hard. We will hopefully have it 100% in the next day or two. :)

19. pineappleupsidedown

one more thing, in the ID default theme, the "new thread" and "reply" buttons are fairly hard to see. Perhaps putting a color behind them (like the color of the "Quick reply" title area) instead of placing them on the background would make them easier to see.

---pineapple

P.S. wow these have been a long "few hours" haha

20. pineappleupsidedown

whoa! i refreshed the page and the background got darker. Forget my old suggestion, you solved the problem very quickly, haha.

I give you guys 5 stars for fast service!!!;)

---pineapple