News @ ID Bill sets fine for low-riding pants

Discussion in 'News @ ID' started by Bleys, Feb 10, 2005.

1. Bleys

Bleys Phoenix Takes Flight Staff Member

Someone mentioned this on another thread so I thought I would post it for discussion.

My first thought was at least they are wearing underpants and clean ones at that.:lol:

Does this really offend anyone other than a person who always needs something to complain about - the length of skirts, the color of your mailbox, etc.?

I admit I never thought of this as a racial issue - it seemed more of a generational one IMO - are the black lawmakers out of line playing the race card here?

B.

2. oddtodd

oddtodd Premium Member

I don't think they are out of line playing the race card , it is a segregated fasion statement where I am .

As ridiculous a fasion statement (which was what again?) as it is , it applies to a racial trend .

Clothes don't make the man , or woman .

I was born naked , seems that's called indecent nowadays .

If we were all blind we would have to learn to discriminate with our ears and noses , wouldn't that be a hoot !?!

I hate green peas personaly...

3. Mizar

Mizar Premium Member

While I am not offended by it I can see why people are. Looking into the reason behind the fasion its easy to see why people can get upset. The reason that the pants are worn low and baggy is because in prision you are not issued a belt and your pants thus sag. The trend first got started by people trying to look "cool" and "hard" by making the immage "Hey I just got out of prision"

I can see why that may offend people if they think "HRMM THAT GUY WANTS TO GO TO PRISON! I HOPE HE DOESN"T HURT ME!"

But seirously why is there all this bickering. I can't drive home whith my mom without hearing her complain about 50 differnt things. "AH I hate thoes bushes! They need to cut their grass!" etc....

Why can't people just be free flowing and except things screaming about it wont change it but if you go to their face and say nicely what you think that might work. hrmmm maybe thats why people like me.... nah its to logical of a solution. :lol:

4. mscbkc070904

mscbkc070904 Premium Member

I think its a retarded bill, but the whole pants hanging off your butt is stupid in my book. BUt I think it refers more to guys and girls wearing them so low that for istance a guy wearing pants so low the boxers show and basically his #@!&% can flop out without even trying...not to mention girls running around wearing mini/micro skirts with the g-string/thing straps hike up over their hipswell above the skirt top. For the youth, it might be fashionable, but it draws attention and can warrant unwelcomed advances. But so far its a fashion statement that hasnt like blown over yet, its just getting worse as people exploit to a degree where they see how far they can get away with it.

Just my 1 cents

5. kiwirobin

kiwirobin Premium Member

Hey heres an idea lets make a law where we all have to wear the same things....overalls....with gumboots....and a hat....yeah, great.

6. Montana

Montana New Member

If we let them outlaw saggy pants, mini skirts might be next!!

We all need to right our congressman and just say 'NO' to the clothes patrol!

7. Bleys

Bleys Phoenix Takes Flight Staff Member

:lol:It's the fear of not seeing another mini-skirt, isn't Montana?

This just seems like one of those complete knee #@!&%, pointless bills that waste constituents money. Why not actually try passing a balanced budget or working on social issues that matter. If this guy was in my district, I would definitely want him out at the end of his term.

B.

8. oortpower

oortpower Member

I wonder, if the bill states exactly that you're in trouble if they can view your underwear, what if you aren't wearing any? Its important that people can make fashion statements but I think some sagging is dangerous, I've seen it below the knee even :0