Metaphysics Astrology Signs

Discussion in 'Metaphysics' started by tablet, Oct 2, 2004.

1. tablet

tablet Premium Member

2. Bleys

Bleys Phoenix Takes Flight Staff Member

All hail the all powerful Scorpios!

Helen-I don't know what year you were born, but I was checking out my Chinese horoscope a few years ago and found something interesting. I was born in the year of the Fire Horse. From what I understand many females born during that year were killled at birth for fear they would bring chaos to the world. I've decided to hold out until my mid-life crisis to take advantage of this prophesy.

3. pineappleupsidedown

pineappleupsidedown Premium Member

Two other calenders

there is the celtic calender, which you can look up here: http://randomnous.iamthecheese.com/whattree/whattree.html

and also the chinese calender. 1.gif

just keep adding 12 to your year of birth until it matches one of the years on the chart.

I am a dragon and a Chestnut

---pineapple

4. helenheaven

helenheaven Premium Member

I don't believe in astrology BUT

Determined and forceful
    Emotional and intuitive
    Powerful and passionate
    Exciting and magnetic

On the dark side....

Jealous and resentful
    Compulsive and obsessive
    Secretive and obstinate

I think that describes me down to a tee (frightening). Can't say I'm proud of some of those attributes.

5. tablet

tablet Premium Member

Cancer
    Determined and forceful
    Emotional and intuitive
    Powerful and passionate
    Exciting and magnetic

On the dark side....

Jealous and resentful
    Compulsive and obsessive
    Secretive and obstinate

Scorpio
    Emotional and loving
    Intuitive and imaginative
    Shrewd and cautious
    Protective and sympathetic

On the dark side....

Changeable and moody
    Overemotional and touchy
    Clinging and unable to let go

Ok helen, let's be honest and see if it work EVEN after switching the two. :) There, Cancer is me!!! it hit right on.

6. helenheaven

helenheaven Premium Member

Funny, I read thru all the other profiles and honestly the closest was scorpio

I am a skeptic still :)

7. tablet

tablet Premium Member

I guess it works with me because Scorpio and Cancer are from the same element. (WATER). Thus it could be related.

And also, it changes overtime as you age. You perceive each one differently.

I don't believe in what it say, but it's entertaining to read nontheless specially when it talks about you (psychology trick? haha)

Rats and Rams... hmm... who could that be.

8. junior_smith

junior_smith Premium Member

i read it every single one and gemini suits me the best

i am a dragon in chinese terms and that suits me well

:clwndnc:

9. Mizar

Mizar Premium Member

March 2nd

i hate it when people call me an astrologer instead of an astronomer.

" hey your that astrology guy huh?"
    "NO! ASTRO- NOMY stars not superstition."

although it is fun to look at that stuff.

from the time the astrological charts were created the constleations or signs have shifted by 2 months like august really has teh constel;ation sagitarius in teh sky not leo, leo is in spring. thats just one of them but they are all like that so you really werent born uder the sign you think. this happened because of the earths tilt and orbit of the sun. every year the constelatrions rise like 2 min earer than last year at the same time.

10. oddtodd

oddtodd Premium Member

Apparently I am part horse ..... go ahead JCM ... left that one WIDE open for ya !

11. Waxy cheesecake

Waxy cheesecake Premium Member

October 10 1990. I forget what I am in the chinese calender. Could someone please tell me?:D

12. pineappleupsidedown

pineappleupsidedown Premium Member

You are a horse Waxy, if i did the math right

---pineapple

13. rawiea

rawiea New Member

You got me. I went there-here-there-here-there-here...
    6 April
    Aries
    Adventurous and energetic
    Pioneering and courageous
    Enthusiastic and confident
    Dynamic and quick-witted

On the dark side...

Selfish and quick-tempered
    Impulsive and impatient
    Foolhardy and daredevil
    ------
    More like--
    Lazy and Slothful
    Blend In and try not to be seen
    Quick-tempered nd Foolhardy. But aren't ALL fools hardy?

14. Juanita

Juanita Member

What Mizar said...

I've come across a few articles explaining this. We do not belong to the sign we are thought to currently reside in.

In today's chart, I am born a Piscean and do have the qualities of such. I have the beautiful fish tatooed over the top of my heart, and once spent many years learning astrology.

It is said that the Piscean is at the end of the cycle, when all karmic debt is due. (i.e - say you go thru all the signs by reincarnation, once or twice, or more, you have to pass on the honor roll, which can contain a "C". Those "C's" have to be corrected) I lived miserably w/ that concept in mind because it did seem as tho I had the worst 'luck'. All my karma from previous lifetimes was haunting me in this one! And I had a friend born in the sign of Aries, who seem to be a new soul w/out karma. She never had the kind of luck I did, and seemed to get away w/ anything.

Well, I finally came to realize that we don't even know what are true signs are, therefore, most of astrology became nil to me.

15. Zsandmann

Zsandmann Premium Member

In the chinese zodiac Im a rooster, well thats the polite way to say it. Im also a sagitaurius and Tabby's original post about sums me up :)

Im not a big beliver in astrology, I only know the chinese zodiac from the tray covers at my favorite chinese fast food restaurant :roll:

16. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

I'm capricorn, but very careful when looking at stuff like that, mainly it tells you what you want to here.

17. Sarcasimo

Sarcasimo New Member

That description for Aries seems to fit me rather well, except for the selfish part. But I make up for that with extra temperment.

18. OhIgnorantOne

OhIgnorantOne Member

Aquarius Here
    Fits Perfectly

:pbjtime:

19. SubVolitional

SubVolitional Member

I'm capricorn, but very careful when looking at stuff like that, mainly it tells you what you want to here.

I agree with Ice, here, though if you'll notice I used proper context..... though sometimes I like being told what I want to hear.

Tauraus and Goat/Ram; the descriptions aren't exactly a mirror image though...

20. Ikebana

Ikebana Member

Aquarius and YUPPP the description fits me to a "T" whatever that means.:sing: