Lit & The Arts Art

Discussion in 'Literature & The Arts' started by mscbkc070904, Feb 22, 2005.

1. mscbkc070904

mscbkc070904 Premium Member

For everyone out there who enjoys art of some timeframe:

Who is your favorite artist(s) and why?

What art pieces by that artist(s) impresses you the most and how do you see it in your eyes?

Da Vinci and Picasso are my favs for old age art, they were well ahead their time. I dont have a particular fav painting or drawing, they all capture my eye.

But I do love Japanese art overall, the impressionist era. It just displays peace and serenity in the art. I dont know why, its just appeals to me.

2. Bleys

Bleys Phoenix Takes Flight Staff Member

I have a couple of favorites.

Van Gogh just because of their dreamlike quality.

As far as Lichtenstein is concerned - I either love it or I hate it. If I could afford one of the abstracts, I would buy it.

I like to to look at Dali but I couldn't keep one in my house - I'd never sleep.

And of course - da Vinci

Quite a varied group, but like music, art is a thing of mood or whim. Currently I am in a Mary Magdalene mood - go figure I am an atheist, but I find the various impressions of the Magdalene to be very moving. The Magdalene Gallery

Take a look at a couple of the links - I think you'll really love some of the works.

Bleys

3. mscbkc070904

mscbkc070904 Premium Member

Dali I like his work, never seen his stuff before.

The other one I couldnt think of was MC Escher, awesome drawings.

Lichtenstien, well for me, I dont like, sorry.

4. junior_smith

junior_smith Premium Member

yeah i love escher, dali is cool and like vangogh, as well as monet, davinci is good although back in the day they didnt paint all their work so that wasnt great but i love sort of tribal art as well

5. yourdementia

yourdementia New Member

I got to ask this,are you saying that da vinci didnt paint his art work junior?

As far as artists go,Escher for is study of 3d to 2d,da vinci for his study of human anatomy and general controversy and philippe remy http://www.philippe-remy.com/ for his use of colou:roll: