ID Lounge Are you naughty or nice?

Discussion in 'ID Members Lounge' started by Bleys, Dec 15, 2004.

1. Bleys

Bleys Phoenix Takes Flight Staff Member

I found this little site today and just loved it - so do my kids. One of the forums is "naughty or nice" - you can put your name in and Santa will rate your behavior over the past year.

Mine:
    I'm such a suck-up when it comes to the Ol' Claus. :yes:

Are you naughty or nice?

B.

Nice Ometer

Claus.com

2. DreamLandMafia

DreamLandMafia Premium Member

Its a random generator thats always nice. So whenever you reload itll be different. This is just the first one to come up.

3. helenheaven

helenheaven Premium Member

that was fun!

here's mine:

Nice, but has a little room for improvement. Could be better listener. Has a kind heart. Often sets a good example for others. Was very nice last Saturday!! Hopefully, will keep up the good work!

hee hee

4. Bleys

:p Don't make me beat you this close to Christmas DreamLand! It's like a belief in Santa Claus - it doesn't hurt anyone and is meant to be fun.

Or better yet, think of it in philosophical terms - that deep down we are all genuinely good and descent people who strive to do the right thing and only occasionally screw up.

The eternal optimist.
    B.

5. DreamLandMafia

Well...since we're speaking philosophically now...whos to say what good is? What says that my good is your good?

:p

6. AD5673

AD5673 Member

lol i could tell im naughty without looking at that thing, lol

"Nice" with just a few naughty marks for excess TV. Also had a tough month back in February, but has shown real "nice" effort ever since. Beware of not cleaning up kitchen messes and forgetting to say "thank you." Very nice job of kissing everyone "good night."

7. Bleys

LOL. Since you may not be aware of it - I am an ardent believer in solipsism. Solipsism (as defined by wikipedia) is the metaphysical belief that only oneself exists, and that "existence" just means being a part of one's own mental states -- all objects, people, etc, that one experiences are merely parts of one's own mind.

Relying on my belief system and the fact that this makes you a figment of my imagination, it is my assertion that "good" is what I tell you it is. :lol:

snicker, snicker....
    B.

8. Aubiefan05

Aubiefan05 Member

All those years when I left out cookies and beer must have paid off... :lol:(yes, I really did that, my dad always suggested it, lol I guess he needed it in order to spend the night assembling things).

"What a great person and friend! Definitely a "Nice!" Wonderful job of always considering others. Hands out compliments regularly. Knows the great importance of "please" and "thank you." A good role model. The main suggestions for improvement: eat more veggies and really wash those hands!"

That link was cute, thanks for posting it! :up:

9. DreamLandMafia

Well if that were true, and you say good is what it is, and I think it is something else, and solipsism really exists, then our 2 beliefs on good would contradict disproving solipsism. Correct? If you try and will me away out of your imagination, and I want to stay, will I stay or will I go?

:p:p

[Edited on 16-12-2004 by DreamLandMafia]

10. Bleys

First of all, this is no time to bring the Clash into this convo. Secondly, our conflict does not disprove solipsism but rather shows my internal struggle to constantly define and redefine my moral code. I like to think of you as my analytical side - challenging me.

And so with that said when it comes to who's been "naughty or nice" I have chosen to reject critical analysis (in this case - you) and decided to embrace peace on earth, good will towards man.

But it's nice to know you are there when I need you.

B - ;)

11. marg6043

marg6043 Premium Member

I am very nice in a naughty kind of way, but most of my friends like the way I am when they tell me never to change.

12. helenheaven

helenheaven Premium Member

ha ha Marg, I'm very naughty in the nicest possible way...

13. Seth Bullock

Seth Bullock Premium Member

Me? Nice all the way, and don't you forget it.

14. tablet

tablet Premium Member

I'm both, but let's see...

Nice, but with a few naughty marks. Neatness needs improvement. Behavior has been good sometimes, not so good other times. Manners could still use some attention. Was very nice last Monday.

WOW! I'm ROBO.

15. marg6043

marg6043 Premium Member

Hey I never said I was perfect.:lol:

Just nice in a naughty way:cool:

16. I am naughty when needed and nice when I should be. Being naughty is almost alwways more fun.:moon:

17. Subdued

Subdued Emotional Wreckage Premium Member

Santa loves me!

:D

[Edited on 30-12-04 by Subdued]

18. The Real Deal

The Real Deal New Member

Ok i gave it a go...

Sounds like what my mother use to tell me about eating my vegetables. :lol:

19. /Future Corpse/

/Future Corpse/ Premium Member

Has been nice most of the year (not just near Christmas)! Makes others happy. Could share a little more, however. Politeness is sometimes very good. Can be great listener.

Oh boy, is that off target! :ham: