ID Lounge April ID Spotlight - Botany

Discussion in 'ID Members Lounge' started by mscbkc070904, Feb 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mscbkc070904

mscbkc070904 Premium Member

Please submit any questions or comments or suggestions for the Mods to read. Thanks for participating.

M

[Edited on 1-4-05 by Zsandmann]

2. mscbkc070904

I figured Botany would be good cause of the Spring turning, but I left it open to other possibilities. If none of these are fitting, please suggest in a post here so the Mods can record it.

3. tablet

tablet Premium Member

I've actually briefly looked into Botany a few days ago. And it's very interesting!! Flowers, Plants, Trees.

This will lead to the study of Fibonacci/patterns.

4. kiwirobin

kiwirobin Premium Member

Spring-botony a logical choice.

Indeed tab, lots of golden relationships to be found in nature.
    The sunflower for example...

http://img115.exs.cx/img115/6782/sunflwr7fj.jpg
    Here a sunflower seed illustrates this principal as the number of clockwise spirals is 55 (marked in red, with every tenth one in white) and the number of counterclockwise spirals is 89 (marked in green, with every tenth one in white.)

More info for ya tab or anyone interested in Phi...http://goldennumber.net/

5. mscbkc070904

Well now that we are in March, hopefully we will get a better turnout in votes this month for next months ID Spotlight. Therefore, Members, please do vote and throw some ideas out there for topics that you may want to learn more about or research yourself next month.

:cheers:

[Edited on 3-9-2005 by mscbkc070904]

6. mscbkc070904

April is right around the corner, please vote for next months forum spotlight, please. As you can see Botany is in the lead and there are only 9 days left to vote.

7. mscbkc070904

Alright ID members, we are now down to 6 days left, please VOTE for what you would like to see this upcoming month!

8. mscbkc070904

We have on AVG 34 members a day on here, yes alot of you are the same ones, but there is only 12 votes, there should be at least 25-30 votes by now, please interact.

Thank You,
    Management

9. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

i voted but it was a bit of a limited choice

10. mscbkc070904

My apologies, if you already voted, thank you, but those who have not, please do so.

11. malik

malik Premium Member

you have my vote!:af:

12. mscbkc070904

LAST DAY TO VOTE IS TOMORROW...AND BOTANY IS THE LEADER. THANKS FOR THOSE WHO VOTED.

13. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

Vote carried Botany it is
    ( I really have to complain about the way you are posting in here! ". . . " is not a helpful post and is just posting for posting sake!)
    Didn't mean to offend but had to get that off my chest.

- Ice -

14. tablet

tablet Premium Member

Enthusiasm and a hyper mood is what make us post like this, I’m sure I’ll do the same if I were mscb :pbjtime:

:cheers: and take it light.

Oh yes, I can't wait to see what Mscb find on Botany!!

15. mscbkc070904

Ice, I am not posting it for just the sake of it, I am trying to bump it up and grab attention. I dotn have the ability to browse it and make it move to the recent post board. I am trying to get members to interact and at least vote on this.

As far as Botany, i will post threads, but I am going to lay back on this, I will still keep up with Archeology, actually got into it.

And I am sorry if I offended anyone on this, but I am trying here. I actually like it when there is alot of other posts or when people take interest in other subject areas and post on them, I am just trying to get people to get a post in, thats why I normally dont do anything till late night.

So I apologize for being a little enthusiastic and really wanting to see this site flourish, but thats not going to happen if interaction isnt happening.

16. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

sorry i really really hope i didn't offend you msc, just it seemed strange all the empty posts, but I guess we all get over excited.

- Ice -

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.