Technology Anti-Spy Camera detector

Discussion in 'Technology' started by tablet, Oct 16, 2004.

1. tablet

tablet Premium Member

Is there an device that can detect/scan and see if there's any spycam installed in people house? I seriously need to get one.

I'm against camera and it's getting smaller and smaller...

2. helenheaven

helenheaven Premium Member

You could never tell if there is a hidden camera in someone's house

Some are smaller than a matchstick head

You will just have to behave yourself, ha ha

3. tablet

tablet Premium Member

That's what I thought. But vision is reciprocal. I've seen this on some show. They actually have the detect to detect camera.

Pretend that I'm the camera and you're the camera detector. For you to detect me, I have to look at you. :)

I watched a show about cheating (i don't watch tv by the way, once in a while i watch to check things out :D) This couple have a spycam installed inside their watch.. you know the kind you have next to your bed? one that you can set time for alarm ect... They didn't know the spycam was in there.... A detect detected the spycam with no problem...

4. DreamLandMafia

DreamLandMafia Premium Member

FInd instructions on how to build an EMP, get your electronics out of the house...blow it...and go back in. :D

Edit...I Knew Totse Would Have It: How To Build An EMP

5. tablet

tablet Premium Member

Scary stuff! I might as well buy myself a terran science vessel. :lol:

I think I'm experiencing EMP shockwave lately. Could they constantly shockwave my apartment? My light got destroy, my computer screen flicker. Happens often here. Well, I would say it happen once in 2 month.

How anyone watched "The Core"?

6. ufia

ufia New Member

Some basic technics are thermal imaging cameras used by firefighters to spot a fire behind the wall. You use that to look for odd warm spots in the room, if you find one, you look closer and either dismantle the object (i.e. clock, lamp, pencil, etc...) or you cut a hole in the wall to find out if the warm spot is simply electric wiring or an hidden spycam.

To detect wireless cam or mics, you fill the room with sound/light strobe, then you scan the radio waves, if you detect a signal pattern matching your strobe, there's probably an hidden spy cam/mic transmitting. This method doesn't work if the transmitter is encrypted or digital spread spectrum.

More sophisticated tricks exists that I don't know much about, I would have to dig a bit to learn more. For example the kind of instruments used to identify rocks and minerals or something, you would use that to scan for a specific material used in the fabrication of integrated circuits, and voila. Doesn't work if the spycam is well shielded.

Once you found the spycam, you either destroy it permanently or you use a laser pointer to blind it momentally, or you quite simply apply a piece of duct tape over the lens.