Archaeology Another Stonehenge Found in Russia

Discussion in 'Archaeology' started by Bleys, Nov 27, 2004.

1. Bleys

Bleys Phoenix Takes Flight Staff Member

I saw this at ATS and thought a better home for would be at ID.

Another Stonehenge Found in Russia?
    By Jennifer Viegas, Discovery News
    Identified as the Ryazan Observatory - some of the artifacts that have already been unearther include vessels. Researchers note that they have found no blood relationship between those who built England's stongehenge and the Russian site. In fact, it is believed that the Russian site stems from a culture of forest dwellers believed to have come from Iran.

Link - discovery

Bleys.

2. Mark

Mark ♤♡◇♧ Staff Member

It's amazing,.. these things are being found all over the place lately. I am beginning to think that there was a 'common' knowledge about it's purpose all over the world when these were built.

Miami Stone Circle
    Mysterious stone circle found on Miami River bank

25.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. helenheaven

helenheaven Premium Member

hard to believe these things have been around for thousands of years and we didn't discover them sooner....

there is so much we just don't know!

4. Waxy cheesecake

Waxy cheesecake Premium Member

Thats why we are here. To deny ignorace!

5. JcMinJapan

JcMinJapan Premium Member

Are there any pics or description about the possible uses or how close it resembles stonehenge?

6. rawiea

rawiea New Member

There is one in New Hampshire USA also. we passed near it a couple years ago, but did not have time to stop.
    http://www.stonehengeusa.com/
    I wonder just how many more things like this and the previously mentioned Miami Stone Circle there are in the Americas?

7. /Future Corpse/

/Future Corpse/ Premium Member

I would have to question that first. :yes:

8. Bleys

Bleys Phoenix Takes Flight Staff Member

Had the article been from Pravda - I never would have posted it. But since it was obtained from Discovery.com I figured it had been confirmed and was credible. :p

B.

9. AD5673

AD5673 Member

who knows, people said that they were used markings for aliens or something like that, maybe they were all over the world when aliens did come here? lol im skeptical over the existence of aliens anyway...but they could exist.

10. Gambit

Gambit New Member

I believe these stone circles are nothing but proof of human intelligence. There's no need to involve aliens. Stonehenge, some other sites in Ireland, in North America, the Mayan Temples in Central America, they all are great man made monuments that measure time, the season's cicles, the movements of stars' . The mayan temple, for instance, measures the complete cicle of Venus with minutes of error!!! It is soooooo cool to see that mankind has always been smart enough to do that...the only thing that has changed are tools and material means....