ID Introduction an introduction that probably isn't necessary...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself @ ID' started by alternateheaven, Jan 25, 2005.

1. alternateheaven

alternateheaven New Member

an introduction that probably isn\'t necessary...

I'm sure the vast majority of people here have seen me around ATS. I can't say I know exactly how my experience here on ID will go as I'm not used to this type of direction in a community, places such as ATS and others have kind of conditioned my mind to expect the flaming and general levels of tension that surround websites focused on controversial topics.

I look forward to a more comfortable and less harsh posting experience and a decidedly different direction of discussion.

2. Young William

Young William Premium Member

Knowledge is power, ignorance seperates and must be denied.

3. Mizar

Mizar Premium Member

Yep this place is much nicer than ATS expecailly in the summer when we get that nice warm air. Not to mention Our beach resorts are 20xs better and you can just relax and enjoy the good things in life.

ATS is a well know vacation spot and is largely overwrowded. Thats why I bought my property here at ID where the surf is always up and your shades are always down.

Welcome aboard

4. JcMinJapan

JcMinJapan Premium Member

Welcome to the board. We all love ATS, but sometimes it is nice to come to a place where you can just have a nice easy conversation or ask a question. If there is anything you want to know or would love to share, we will most definately be glad.

As I am a captain and one of the 4 that dreamed up this direction, I am very happy. We took the members concepts of what they wanted and put them together with ours. ATS is great fun and you learn tons, but sometimes we noticed that serious questions, even though not conspiacy related, turned into conspiracy threads the threads took a life of their own. So, we wanted a place to just answer the technicals as we know them and to help bring the joy of learning to all people. My feeling is that whether you are 10 or 100, we all have questions and we all have answers as well. I really do enjoy this community alot and am very proud at how we get along and how it is progressing.

I hope you enjoy it also. Welcome.... :how:

5. alternateheaven

alternateheaven New Member

Thanks for the kind words of welcome, once I manage to find a niche I think I will enjoy the forums a great deal. The lighter side of things should be a welcome change and a way to decrease boad frustration from other places.

6. DontTreadOnMe

DontTreadOnMe Member

Welcone, AH!
    It is definitely more laid back here, very little flaming or trolling.
    And, the beaches ARE better!:D

7. junior_smith

junior_smith Premium Member

hahaha mizar! it is true here,no one wears shoes, shoes are binging they bind us to our society, here you must go barefoot so that you can feel the ground that we have created on the soles of your feet. This is actually starting to sound liek a cult
    is this a cult?
    this better not be a cult, i keep getting dragged into them

anwyas welcome to ID, ge tout while you can!!!!

8. mscbkc070904

mscbkc070904 Premium Member

Welcome AH, its alot different than ATS, dont have the controversy or opionated minds trying to tell you their version of a topic. Its all knowledge and learning. I myself have learned alot and can say my IQ has gone up a few points on the things I thought I knew I know more now. There are some pretty intelligent people here and willing to help you out on a topic if need be.

Sit back relax, kick up your feet and enjoy.

9. kiwirobin

kiwirobin Premium Member

Kia Ora ah
    have crossed your path a few times already in the short time here and look forward to crossing it again.
    cheers from the kiwi