Relationships Affairs Are Bad For The Heart

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by tablet, Oct 11, 2004.

1. tablet

tablet Premium Member

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/2540089.stm

2. JcMinJapan

JcMinJapan Premium Member

So, is he saying that the affair is more exciting and cannot control your heart rate more and that people in long term relationships are not overly excited, so the risk of a heart attack is less? :puz: :puz:

3. helenheaven

helenheaven Premium Member

I think this goes back to my "love lost" thread

People are initially atracted and experience a rush of chemicals that give them a natural high

After a while, this wears off....so people are happily married, loving but not IN LOVE

So an affair is almost inevitable...everyone craves for those "highs" again....

Those that do so (apparently mostly men, ha ha) then can't cope with the rush of the experience.

4. tablet

tablet Premium Member

There's another research that contradict the above research.

5. JcMinJapan

JcMinJapan Premium Member

Tablet... so are you saying that affairs are actually good for the heart? Like a workout. You have to keep exercising and mixing up the exercises. So, you are saying that there is a study to actually show that affairs are good and they strengthen your heart? :hail::hail:

Try explaining that to your wife. "Honey.. my heart was weak and I needed to strengthen it to live longer for us. All of those affairs were not for me and I did not enjoy them. It was so we can live healthier together" :lol: :lol:

But, of course... HelenHeaven is saying that love is a drug and we all need our shot of it. We are addicted to love! You might as well face it your addicted to love! Robert Palmer for you middle aged people ;) :lol::lol:

6. tablet

tablet Premium Member

Well, if that video wasn't appropriate then I think the research paper won't be appropriate either. :lol:

But keep in mind with the research above. These are the kind of research that is hard to believe.