Chit Chat A moose that did not deny ignorance

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by JcMinJapan, Oct 28, 2004.

1. JcMinJapan

JcMinJapan Premium Member

2. pineappleupsidedown

pineappleupsidedown Premium Member

Sort of suspious that they killed the animal to salvage the meat, and also worried about pictures curculating the internet when they themselves have one displayed.

3. DreamLandMafia

DreamLandMafia Premium Member

How is that suspicious? If they had tranqued it to get it to calm down to get it out of the wires the meat wouldnt be salvagable.

The Figgers didnt put up the photo of the moose, somebody else did, theyre just worried that now that its out there that groups like PETA will get pissed.

Figgers is what me and my friends would call the Fish and Game people that would work at our creek.

4. JcMinJapan

JcMinJapan Premium Member

Well, it will teach the other Moose not to mess with the poles! :lol:
    All that over testosterone!!! See, this stuff kills! ha ha

Well, people eat moose meat and they did try to free it without killing it and it probably would not have survived the Tranq. They could not have people get too close, an angry moose or a mother with her child is very very dangerous! No man could live. They would have no problem going full more into a car. So, you just cannot waltz up to it and pet it..... ha ha They are very dangerous animals.

5. drlau

drlau Premium Member

Imagine a 7-foot tall angry moose charging you at 35 mph!

For you JcM, just because you mentioned a moose. A closer look: Alces Alces

6. bodebliss

bodebliss The Zoc-La of Kromm-B Premium Member

Moose have been known to charge straight down roads and hitting pick-up trucks headon and destroying them.

7. Derek

Derek ■֎؜♫■ Staff Member

So... I cannot find the story that JC linked it just goes to the websites portal.

How the heck did that moose get up there?!?

8. Mark

Mark ♤♡◇♧ Staff Member

Well, I know moose, and they dont climb by themselves.

I dare say a hunter wanted to keep it out of reach until it could be retrieved later.

Just a guess. :)

9. freenina

freenina Premium Member

Same here, the story link just takes me back to the news home page. I get the impression from you folks that the moose got up there himself, but how?
    In any case, it's unfortunate that the poor thing died, but getting a mad moose down from that height, without road access, and when it's likely that it already injured itself (in whatever manner it got up there)... I just hope they donated the meat to a food bank or something.

10. pyroboy4206

pyroboy4206 Aka that guy Premium Member

Whoa! That is weird!