Astronomy A Livable Mars!

Discussion in 'Astronomy' started by JcMinJapan, Feb 3, 2005.

1. JcMinJapan

JcMinJapan Premium Member

This is quite interesting and even if it did take a few thousand years, it would not be that bad. The Earth will slowly leave the temperate zone of the Sun and Mars would be the next planet that will fit into the zone. To me, it would be a natural next step in thousands of years. But, we need to start that step soon in order for it to be a viable option when we do have to leave.

2. Young William

Young William Premium Member

I believe that this approach is feasible. Such is the excitement of living.....one small step for man..one giant leap for mankind.

3. kiwirobin

kiwirobin Premium Member

This has interested me since I picked up my first copy of science fiction/fact.
    Two thoughts on the subject...

1.After they have created this state of gloabal warming to melt the polar caps how do they intend to equalise the climate to make it habitable and how long will that take?

2.How would they control the extent of warming to ensure retention of part of the ice caps which would be neccesary for weather cycles and the natural irrigation of the planet?

Has anyone seen a topografical model of mars?
    It would be interesting to calculate the volume of water and see what the land masses that would be created look like after the water melts

4. Ape

Ape Premium Member

I have also thought alot on this, Earth wont be around forever someone needs to get it started. I always thought if it was possible to make some sort of space station orbiting Mars. Possibly scientist could live there and study mars more closly. Hmmmm.........