Chit Chat A Little Help With Song Downloading

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by junior_smith, Oct 20, 2004.

1. junior_smith

junior_smith Premium Member

i know, i know its illegal but i only download from people who are dead or are massively rich.
    here is my question.
    lately i have been downloading songs and instead of playing regularly, they say 19:00 or something and dont make any sound, is this a problem with codex or does it have to do with upgrading to xp2 (because i have been having problenms with my soundcard ever since) can somoene please help??

2. DreamLandMafia

DreamLandMafia Premium Member

Downloading songs from where? If anything its the program that you are using that is doing this, the Codec wouldnt change the filename to 1900, and SP2 most likely wouldnt have this affect either.

3. pineappleupsidedown

pineappleupsidedown Premium Member

xp sp2 is a whole load of problems, fortunatly for me i downloaded SP1 days before they came out with service pack two, and now i plan to not upgrade or just wait til the thrid one comes out.

Is it possibly a virus that you downloaded?

---pineapple

4. junior_smith

dlm, it changes the time of the track from say 3:00 minutes to 19 minutes

5. DreamLandMafia

Well...what program are you using??

6. oddtodd

oddtodd Premium Member

I contact this guy with all my puter questions.... hard to believe he is one third my age .... Be sure to get out in the sun once in a while DLM !!! Thanks for all your help !!

7. junior_smith

kazaa lite k++

8. DreamLandMafia

The RIAA has flooded Kazaa with fake MP3 files. They have no sound and are usually REALLY long compared to waht they should be. Its there way of getting back at downloaders.

I use WinMX to get individual songs, and BT to get full CDs incase I ever need them.

Sun?? What is this devil you speak of?!?!?!

9. tablet

tablet Premium Member

Look, DLM. He got infected by the vaccines! You should know that by now.

Smith, from the start to finish did you hear any sound?

10. JcMinJapan

JcMinJapan Premium Member

Well, SP2 is wonderful for XP. Downloaded it and love it! To have a successful upgrade with it, ensure you READ and do a little research! This is with ANY PROGRAM upgrade. ;)

Now, Music downloading is illegal and I am sure none of you condone it or are actually doing it! Right??!! All the information on there is for knowledge use only! RIGHT??!! Ok, now that we have that settled......

If this thread condones anything illegal and or is outside of information itself, then it will be deleted. Thank you. Especially this being a thread by a MOD!!!! eh hemmmm

11. tablet

tablet Premium Member

Best laugh of the day! :lol:

Here's how I think it could have been said, something like this:

"I've bough a cd of music and don't know how to convert to MP3, so I went and download it off the net, however when I downloaded I hear no sound. Does anyone here know why that is the case? Is it about codec or windows service pack?"

12. junior_smith

i am speaking about a friend of mine, who is in jail . . . yes jail

13. DreamLandMafia

After reading this I thought of something, You say if we condone anything illegal then it would get deleted, what about threads on gay marriage, and gay rights, if there are, or ever are any? Since its illegal, and if somebody on here condones it, would it have to be deleted as well?

And arent you in the UK Junior? (thought I saw that somewhere) If so, our laws do not apply to you, since the DMCA and our Copyright laws cant touch you.

14. tablet

tablet Premium Member

My brother has a portable mp3 player. There is one song that he try to open in software like soundforge. It's completely empty. He can't listen to it on his computer. Data wouldn't show up if you bring it into a sound editing program. It's a complete straigh line showing that there is no sound in the mp3 file.

However, when he copy the file into his portable mp3 player, it works fine. Just something to be aware of.