Metaphysics A List Of Religions And Their Meanings

Discussion in 'Metaphysics' started by Icewolf, Jan 2, 2005.

1. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

A philosophy is a way of life, and so religions fall into this catagory. In our attempt to deny ignorance I thought it would be a nice project to list as many religions and they're meanings (short meanings) as we can.

Jedi
    A group of people, who have devoted they're life to logic and reason. They live their lives following the code, they believe in the force. A living entity which they believe is everywhere and has many powers. It allows them to see the future, move object and many other things. The people who teach this religion are called the jedi masters, these people are supposed to be the experts on the force. Jedi used their abilities to help people throughout the galaxy. Also they collected information. This religion is quite suitable for here as in the Jedi code there is a line which states,
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge

Hope this is a good start

2. bodebliss

bodebliss The Zoc-La of Kromm-B Premium Member

Jedi sounds good from a fictional point of view, but unless there's a way to access those powers your talking about, there is no draw, no pay off.

I'll just hold w/ what I got, thank you.

3. pineappleupsidedown

pineappleupsidedown Premium Member

Alright, before this thread gets too far along, ID is not about discussing the virtutes of a religions or bashing the religions of others. This thread will remain open as long as everyone can respect that and keep this factual and not driven by opinion.

Otherwise I will have to close this thread.

---Pineapple