Technology A Bit Of Nostalga

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Icewolf, Jan 16, 2005.

1. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

even at 15 I can look back at the things I grew up with, from the very first (sort of) PC games. Who remembers Monkey island, or the original castle wolfenstein, or the classic syndicate. I used to have these games for the windows 95 but they didn't really work on my XP. So in all my wisdom I went on a search for these games and found them!! http://www.abandonia.com/download.php
    This site has all the games time forgot. But remember you'll need to run them in compatibility for windows 95 and try and get it to as low a resolution as you can, maybe about 640 by 480.

Tell me what you think,

I could spend hours downloading these games, they may be quite poor graphic wise but back then these were the very forefronts of technology. (PS did anyone here know that they originally made a lord of the rings game, there are 2 of them, the fellowship and "shadows of mordor" I'm guessing the last one might not be LOTR but it might be)

2. Bleys

Bleys Phoenix Takes Flight Staff Member

:cryb: I feel so old. I remember so many of these games.

Great site - thanks!

B.

3. Icewolf

Icewolf Premium Member

it's scary at 15, alone in the dark still freaks me out, but they don't have Alone in the Dark 3, my favourite one. Although i still have a copy of it somewhere.

4. JcMinJapan

JcMinJapan Premium Member

I remember the atari! Yes, the Atari TANK and Pong games. I loved those little square tanks moving slowing around the barriers shooting each other. They were just square blocks. I would spend hours playing those. I still can hear the sounds of the tanks moving and shooting in my head.

I also remember my first computer! No hard disk drive. Everything run from the 5.25 floppy drives. Yes, 5.25! I remember as I was so thrilled and created my first "reversi" game by learning BASIC programming. Basic .. the language, not the basics of programming... ha ha Well, I remember my penpal.... yes, penpal..BEFORE E-MAIL.... that lived in Greece. Her and I would send floppy disks back and forth through the mail. Making the words different colors or blinking was soooo neat at those times. By the way... the make them blink, you had to create the letter in basic and probram it in. same with colors. There was no highlighting and choosing the colors. There was also no Windows... Yes, everything in DOS on the command prompt. Times have sure changed in a relativity short amount of time.

5. marg6043

marg6043 Premium Member

My god the first game I ever play was pac-man I was so addicted to it, I played all day long, whoa those were the days. I remember my husband had the ping ping in his computer at work and that was good enough for him.

6. bodebliss

bodebliss The Zoc-La of Kromm-B Premium Member

JCM,

Pong?!?

Don't date yourself now.

7. JcMinJapan

JcMinJapan Premium Member

Now, these were great graphics then! haha

3.gif

8. marg6043

marg6043 Premium Member

Tell me about it!!!

It was the best of the best, on computer graphics back in the early 80s.