Zoology $50,000 buys you a spare kitty

Discussion in 'Zoology' started by Zsandmann, Aug 30, 2004.

1. Zsandmann

Zsandmann Premium Member

2.jpg

Source: http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/newsofthestrange/2691965/detail.html?qs=;s=4;p=newsofthestrange;w=271

2. Seth Bullock

Seth Bullock Premium Member

50 grand... and I'll bet people are lining up already. Yet there are 4 strays in the parking lot at work we can't give away.

3. ilovepizza

ilovepizza Premium Member

Seth Bullock you brought up a great point. There are a lot of stray cats. A lot of cats in animal shelters. There are a lot of cats that are looking for a home. That 50 grand spent on cloning your cat is a big waste of money.

4. Bleys

Bleys Phoenix Takes Flight Staff Member

My first thought when I saw this story was Stephen King's Pet Semetary. Personally, I want to wait and see if Cute and Fluffy wack their owners in a month before I pass judgement on this. (j/k)

But I gotta ask - are you getting the same cat? Although genetically the same is it the same little flea bag you loved for 15 years? What kind of disappointment are these people going to experience if the animal's behavior is different?

5. Cinderloft

Cinderloft Premium Member

I thought of Arnie's "The Sixth Day" They had pet cloning in there, already available to the masses.

6. Fiorina 161

Fiorina 161 Member

c is for cat.

ok, ya know the ? should be ,
    why clone?
    the ind. of pets is massive in the usa, i have 2 strays
    that i put food out for, plus my 2 cats[should say our
    many roommates cats.
    i live by a highway and it really sucks,
    are we going to be seeing run over 50,000 $ cloned stray
    cats next?

7. pineappleupsidedown

pineappleupsidedown Premium Member

how many stray cats could you fix, care for , and feed for 50,000?

---pineapple

8. silence

silence New Member

I don't know about the whole cloning thing, but those cats are cute!

9. Cinderloft

Cinderloft Premium Member

Dunno how many for 50k, but for 10k, I is one cat that could be fixed. Get some loans paid off, etc.

As for the cats being cute: Yes, but I still prefer siamese. If your gonna own a cat, why not own the craziest, most retarded one. Owning two is pretty much entertainment every day.