Zoology 10 Things You Never Knew About Frogs - Humor

Discussion in 'Zoology' started by Cinderloft, Sep 5, 2004.

1. Cinderloft

Cinderloft Premium Member

http://www.obvious.fsnet.co.uk/frogs/frogs.htm

I only knew the third one down, so I definately learned something from it.

Edit - This was only posted to see if people were paying attention or not. I have now placed humor beside it. Mods feel free to remove this thread if you wish.

[Edited on 6-9-2004 by Cinderloft]

2. pineappleupsidedown

pineappleupsidedown Premium Member

out of curiosity, are you posting this because you really think those apply to frogs, you didnt read the article, just posting a random link that sortof has something to do with animals, or do you just want to get a higher ranking by posting a lot?

---pineapple

3. Cinderloft

Cinderloft Premium Member

I posted it to see how many people are actually paying attention and contributing to this site. We have 92 members, and somehow with everything that is going on in my life I still find the time to post, reply and contribute to help build this place that we ALL should be working on. Despite all that, I still find the time to achieve almost 10% of all posts. In theory, I should be one of 10 members on this site. We need to function as a community, yet I feel we have stuttered and slowed down a bit. Perhaps if I rattle the cage, it will motivate some people a bit. Guess it worked at least once. ;)

And as an aside, yes, I am damn proud to achieve my new ranking. :p

4. JcMinJapan

JcMinJapan Premium Member

As this topic has become a different ANIMAL (ha ha ha) I am moving it from zoology to Board Questions

It is a pretty funny site and it was enjoyable to read.
    Stuttered a bit? No way! I think that this will be fairly normal for this type of a site in the beginning. I mean we cover allot of science topics, but without having much inside of the site: IE: LOTS OF COLD HARD FACTS, then it will be slow, until we get the information in there. We are not made for conspiracy buffs. They may be able to come here and do some research (I hope), but we are for people that actually want to learn the academic side to take this knowledge and improve themselves and/or the world around them. Knowledge is power!

If you look, we get allot of people reading our stuff here. Too bad they are not posting new ideas or things they would like to learn about. I am hoping people that have serious questions of life, sciences, etc will come here to learn. Likewise, people with knowledge I would hope that they share their knowledge with people.

That is what I am trying to do on here. I am trying to get my knowledge out there and I hope that once people read it, they will ask more questions. Right now, I think there is allot of interest, but no one can really think of too many questions. There has been some great stuff already brought up here. I just have not had the time to go and do some research on hem and supply some answers and more questions myself. But, they will be coming soon.

It will take a team effort to get this puppy to be self sustaining, but we have to work hard on this. It will definitely need help in the beginning. If this site has 10 good members, then that is great in the first week of a board. We will have to get this site to be googleable and get others to find it. But, by looking at our traffic reports, we do seem to be doing OK.

If you have any suggestions please do not hesitate to let me know. This site is for all of you. We have tried hard to give everyone a little something and if you see something else, let us know.... :D

5. ilovepizza

ilovepizza Premium Member

"Quite a lot of them are involved in the financial services industry, and are doing quite well for themselves. They've pretty much cornered the insurance market by offering lower premiums and improved customer service, but when it comes to investments they still have a lot to learn. Oh sure, they always sound pretty knowledgeable and they might assure you of a healthy return on your capital but, trust me, they're talking crap."

LMAO LMAO :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D That made me laught so hard!!!